Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK, found another possible one to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Dunno. What I'm learning is that this is almost, but not quite, as difficult as hunting unicorns...

Did find this one that a couple of the people say looks legit, but way overpriced:

http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/vin...-id4089738.htm
    Indeed, it does look legit and overpriced. Wonder why there's no pic of the movement and of the interior of the back case...

Name:  Omega_1958_18a.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  356.1 KB

As an example, this Seamaster has a reasonable redial and is from circa 1958. It's mine and it's not for sale, but it's value would be around 600-800€, maximum.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 5, 2016 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Indeed, it does look legit and overpriced. Wonder why there's no pic of the movement and of the interior of the back case...

Name:  Omega_1958_18a.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  356.1 KB

As an example, this Seamaster has a reasonable redial and is from circa 1958. It's mine and it's not for sale, but it's value would be around 600-800€, maximum.
    Looks like a very nice redial, C. Yes, someone on the Omega Forums also wondered why no picture of the movement, and didn't think it was a good sign. I am going to be pretty picky--in terms of what I want, it's got to date to 1958 (yes, I know nothing is exact, but it has to be in the right serial number range), manual wind, no date, and small seconds. Also at least 35.5mm, preferably larger although I know the larger ones are harder to find. Could take me a while.

3. Likes CFR liked this post
    You could also try to find something from Longines or Zenith. The Longines from the 50s are (usually) of excellent quality. IWC is another brand with a great reputation for that period.

Good luck.

You could also try to find something from Longines or Zenith. The Longines from the 50s are (usually) of excellent quality. IWC is another brand with a great reputation for that period.

Good luck.
    Yes, I'd love an IWC, especially since I don't have one, and don't like most of the current offerings (too big). The only ones I've seen in the past six months or so were really blatant redials, or in one case, a watch claiming to have a "new old stock" dial, which seems highly unlikely.

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    There was a period when different fonts coexisted and it's not always easy to establish the right one.
    I think my vintage (cal 269) has a pointy "A"

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I think my vintage (cal 269) has a pointy "A"
    Not enough to qualify it as a redial. If I remember well, I think your watch is ok.

9. Likes gnuyork liked this post