Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** Building a Pan- A Question ****

should have updated this I guess

1) used a different case in the end as the dial would not fit right .
    2) with a 6497/98 to use a dial with no subs you have to modify the movement ..but that is not meationed when buying the dial
    3) the case used had a metal spacer so no clamps was used ..
    4) I used a mulittool to trim the stem down worked ok ( and remember if you do brake a stem you can always order more so don't panic )
    5) hands.. do work out length before hand as they can look right on the dial if too big but can catch and bend when put in to the case ( so space is need around the dial edge more so or less depend on case design ...
    6) crowns come in different tap size so make sure they match in this one I think it was a 1.2mm thread and a 1.2m crown tap ...

can't think of anything else so as I say had to go for a different look in case and hands thou (the hands was more that wrong one's sent -not a very good seller full-stop wont be using them again felt they had used modified hands from a different movement- as they broke leaving a small loop of metal on the pinion and the hands then had a bigger hole circumferences as if they had a ring added to make them smaller ? ) so here is how this one ended up ..

spec's

6497 modified skeleton movement ..
    6497/98 pan hands modern black
    44mm case screw back with display back with spacer ...
    38.9 dial ( an awkward size to case will limits choice of case type - original case turn out to have a 37-5 mm dial space )
    strap had knocking around
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes ro63rto liked this post