Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to service a Speedmaster (1861)

How to service a Speedmaster (1861)

I found this cool video here:

http://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ser...er-at-manfredi

It's not a detailed tutorial - there are better sources for that - but it's still interesting. Would love to see some measurements before/after, but nope.

Now, what I would like to know - and seems to be top secret or, at least ambiguous - is: which parts are mandatory replaced, no matter their actual condition?

Crowns, pushers and seals/gaskets seem to be included in this group. But what about mainsprings (not expensive) or other (more expensive) parts? Why are manufacturers so vague about their established maintenance procedures?

Anyone else notice the watch on his wrist

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by traf View Post
    Anyone else notice the watch on his wrist

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Yep.