Likes Likes:  4,424
Page 488 of 664 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 6636

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Oh really!? I had no idea Mazda was implementing an AWD system in the 3. I wonder if it comes with a manual. That could be a game-changer.
    No stick with AWD or Turbo. You can get the 3 with fwd manual in the Premium trim. Wish the turbo awd was available with a manual since I now work for Mazda and could get one as a lease car. Oh well a Miata should do nicely.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

2. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    No stick with AWD or Turbo. You can get the 3 with fwd manual in the Premium trim. Wish the turbo awd was available with a manual since I now work for Mazda and could get one as a lease car. Oh well a Miata should do nicely.

Just add (bigger) turbo to the manual. Problem solved

I am, contemplating supercharging or turbo for my Miata down the road. I already have an exhaust for it, but it sits in storage because I'm lazy (and have no idea what I'm doing).

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post

I am, contemplating supercharging or turbo for my Miata down the road. I already have an exhaust for it, but it sits in storage because I'm lazy (and have no idea what I'm doing).
    K series swap if it is a NA or NB.

I am looking forward to having an ND2. I have come so close to buying a Miata so many times. My wife is driving a CX9. A three row SUV should not hustle down twisty roads as well as that thing does.

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

You know there’s people for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    You know there’s people for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I know. But I would have to drive the exhaust to the shop in another vehicle, drive back, then drive the Miata there to have it installed, then drive back, and do it over if I want to keep the stock (which I do).... Just a pain, and very low on my priority.

Or I could try to do it myself... I have read you don't really need ramps to do it. But I know myself... halfway through there would be some little thing that would make me wish I had just brought it in somewhere.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Aug 10, 2021 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    K series swap if it is a NA or NB.

I am looking forward to having an ND2. I have come so close to buying a Miata so many times. My wife is driving a CX9. A three row SUV should not hustle down twisty roads as well as that thing does.

Mine is a 2018 ND, and yeah I just got the Turbo AWD CX5 and it zips.

I know. But I would have to drive the exhaust to the shop in another vehicle, drive back, then drive the Miata there to have it installed, then drive back, and do it over if I want to keep the stock (which I do).... Just a pain, and very low on my priority.

Or I could try to do it myself... I have read you don't really need ramps to do it. But I know myself... halfway through there would be some little thing that would make me wish I had just brought it in somewhere.
    Seen this? https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2FfWTiFAwvUeT6
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    No, haven't. Thanks.

This is kind of where I got the Miata inspiration... These mods not street legal in the US that lest time I checked. But the sound of this car is spot on. For less money a supercharger or turbo could get me there, but I love the idea to keep it NA but bringing on the power with intake, cams, and a tune.

Last edited by gnuyork; Aug 10, 2021 at 02:55 PM.

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Na is bettee ideally. Unless it's the new 9.4 litre camera that embarrassingly only makes 430bhp. Wonder what that feels like to launch compared to, say, my car.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

14. Likes gnuyork liked this post