Likes Likes:  4,419
Page 385 of 662 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 6615

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    If a transmission does not shift on it's own, is it a manual or automatic transmission?
    I'd say it's stuck in neutral

A DCT is functionally the same as a torque converter automatic.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I'd say it's stuck in neutral

I'm sorry that you can't accept basic fact.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Fact according to Raza is not actually fact

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Fact according to Raza is not actually fact

It's not my fault that you can't accept that if you automate something it becomes automatic.

We can keep going in circles if you want to be wrong and continue to be told you're wrong. I don't mind it.

Last edited by Raza; Jul 23, 2019 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It's not my fault that I can't accept that if you automate a manual gearbox, it’s still a manual.
    FTFY
    Watches for SALE:

Blog Entries
    FTFY
    That's just dumb. If you automate something, it becomes automatic.

We classify transmissions by how they work, not their components. It's automatic versus manual, not torque converter versus clutch. You've conceded already that it's been automated. Therefore it is automatic.

You just continue to go on in circles even though you're as wrong as wrong can be, but that's fine. You're allowed to be wrong.

I feel sorry for you
    Watches for SALE:

Blog Entries
    I feel sorry for you
    Right back at you, Mike. I can't quite tell if you're just trolling me with the automatic/manual stuff or you're being serious, but if you are being serious, I don't understand why all the evidence to the contrary (media reporting, industry standard, refusal of manufacturer to call it a manual, practicality, definitions) isn't enough to sway your "opinion", but if that's truly the case, I am saddened. Because this is the mindset that leads people to believing that the earth is flat, that the moon landing was faked, or that climate change isn't an issue. Because no fact will ever change the way they feel. And they've determined that their feelings are more important that facts.

Anyway, I think the Corvette is going to be a smash hit and a disruptor in the industry, the way the NSX was when it came out. It's offering incredible pace, value (undoubtedly, corners will have been cut, as they always are with Corvettes to get them to their price point), great looks, and a lot of rejuvenated hype around its MR platform. If Chevrolet dealers don't do what they did with the GTO and choke out demand by charging exorbitant dealer markups, this should could be a defining moment in performance car history. And if they ever put a real manual in the convertible version, I might have to buy one, even though I don't think it really looks like or will feel like a Corvette.

You've won the war of attrition, though. I'm tired of going in circles. I can only tell you that you're wrong so many times before frustration kicks in and eventually something uncivil will be said. And I don't want that. So, I'm done. The harmonious nature of this forum is more important to me than the fact that I am right and you are wrong. I just don't see anything productive in continuing this line of conversation.

Too much entrenchment, with old terminology failing to cater for new realities.

Call it quits.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Too much entrenchment, with old terminology failing to cater for new realities.

Call it quits.
    The same could easily be said to your position. And more accurately.

Like I said already, I’m done with the conversation. Believe whatever you wish.