Page 260 of 592 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 6636

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Yeah electric bikes are making waves for sure
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    This is interesting. I think I would be more inclined to buy an electric motorcycle than a car first. Most of the bikes I've had I did not have any range expectations Like I would with a car. Fifty miles though would be a bit too limited.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I had a first gen TT Quattro convertible for four years starting in 2002. It was fun, but the Quatro setup was not quite as developed as the one in the A4 that I traded in to get it. Mine was a dark blue pearl with a blue top and the baseball glove interior. Reading a recent article it appears Audi has spent a lot of development on the TT and there are a few that will seriously challenge the Boxster. I'm a huge fan of AWD even though I live where it never snows. It is so much more buttoned down in the driving rains we get. My Jag is good in the rain, since the tires have a decent breakaway feel in the wet. That being said, most of the time I prefer taking my wifes QX30 AWD in the five times a day downpours we have been having daily lately. I really can't stand to drive a convertible with the top up so, so the Jag has not been getting much love with our weather lately.

Sorry I just don't get your sunglasses and a hat thing. Try driving down here without both and you'll be blind, and your head will be smoking (regardless of how much hair you have) in a convertible.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 10, 2018 at 10:08 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I had a first gen TT Quattro convertible for four years starting in 2002. It was fun, but the Quatro setup was not quite as developed as the one in the A4 that I traded in to get it. Mine was a dark blue pearl with a blue top and the baseball glove interior. Reading a recent article it appears Audi has spent a lot of development on the TT and there are a few that will seriously challenge the Boxster. I'm a huge fan of AWD even though I live where it never snows. It is so much more buttoned down in the driving rains we get. My Jag is good in the rain, since the tires have a decent breakaway feel in the wet. That being said, most of the time I prefer taking my wifes QX30 AWD in the five times a day downpours we have been having daily lately. I really can't stand to drive a convertible with the top up so, so the Jag has not been getting much love with our weather lately.
    The first TT (not sure if it’s been changed since then) used a simple Haldex AWD system. Basically, 90% of the power was always going to the front unless there was slippage, so it most of the time felt like a FWD car. Doesn’t mean you couldn’t have fun with it, but it wasn’t a pure Quattro system, which used three open differentials to shunt power around to wherever it was needed (including being able to power one wheel if the other three were slipping, something that took decades to copy using computers; it was either Honda’s SH-AWD or Nissan’s ATTESA that was able to do it) and was 50/50 in the dry. Newer Quattro systems retain the three open differentials, but can also be rear biased, like the system in my S4.

Sorry I just don't get your sunglasses and a hat thing. Try driving down here without both and you'll be blind, and your head will be smoking (regardless of how much hair you have) in a convertible.
    All artists must suffer and all art is suffering.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I got a puncture in my bike tyre today. That was exciting

This is my view for the next two hours. Flight delayed.

Name:  2DDE2ADE-7D4E-41D7-8BB1-ADC2D0DF9BBE.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  83.5 KB

But they have a power-ventilated plastic cube for smoking.

Name:  8B3DC353-50AF-444E-BEED-F5D8594B2DC1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  82.5 KB

Found a better view.

At least its not the 90s - no Internet or smart phones!

Oh cripes - I’m on the cars and bikes thread...

Name:  66B27E4B-C464-42BC-8BC8-7CB5F7176E1F.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  80.6 KB

Off to the cube.

10. Likes Raza liked this post
    Sideways.