Likes Likes:  4,434
Page 270 of 592 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 6641

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    For true driver involvement remove the synchromesh. These constant load systems take all the skill out of it.

Having rebuilt several BW T56 manual transmissions, I always leave out some of the parts

2. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    New rig so can we add trucks to the cars and bikes thread?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mos def! Tell us about it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Mos def! Tell us about it.
    Well it's a 2018 f150 King Ranch with every option available not much different than my last truck except for the interior which has special embossed leather.
    The nice thing is it's fully connected and it's own hot spot for WiFi and 120v outlet so I might never have to step foot in the office again......

The Twin turbo with 3.55 gears is plenty powerful and with the 10 speed transmission actually gets decent mileage the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights .

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

6. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights

You’ll get used to it. I’m only conscious of it when it doesn’t come on. And the silence becomes a nice relaxing interlude.

8. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    The Twin turbo with 3.55 gears is plenty powerful and with the 10 speed transmission actually gets decent mileage the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights
    Took me a while to get used to it on the wife's XC90.

-- Wayne

10. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Well it's a 2018 f150 King Ranch with every option available not much different than my last truck except for the interior which has special embossed leather.
    The nice thing is it's fully connected and it's own hot spot for WiFi and 120v outlet so I might never have to step foot in the office again......

The Twin turbo with 3.55 gears is plenty powerful and with the 10 speed transmission actually gets decent mileage the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights .

You definitely get used to it. My brother’s new car has it, after a while, you don’t even really notice it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights .

This would drive me bonkers...and it does when I happen to be outside near a traffic light and I hear other vehicles doing this.

13. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    This would drive me bonkers...and it does when I happen to be outside near a traffic light and I hear other vehicles doing this.
    Craziest start stop experience I had was in Japan. All the little cars have it, not just occasional new ones like here. First busy intersection I was waiting to cross exploded with the sound of tiny little start-ups when the light changed. Took me a while to clue in to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Both of my cars have it and it is the first thing I turn off when I get in. It can't be good for the starter and none react fast enough to not have a penalty off the line.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

16. Likes Seriously liked this post