Likes Likes:  4,424
Page 360 of 664 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 6636

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    That my mate's thruxton. Looks and sounds great, just well slow!
    That one is very cool though now I’d prefer a little higher bars. My days of being sucked down on a gas tank trying to tuck behind a faring are over. I see no need for it anymore. I can go fast but I don’t need to be uncomfortable. I seriously doubt on a twisting hilly road the Triumph would be much slower if any to your Yamaha until you got to a straight.

Most current gen sport bikes are just too tall in the inseam these days. I would not feel comfortable at a stop light. My last real sports bike was a Honda RC1000 and then a few hooligan bike Triumph speed triples and a speed four. I do like the retro bikes. I wish Kawasaki would rerelease a 1000cc Eddie Lawson special. I’d have to buy that since I had one of the originals as my first superbike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Amen brother.
    My buddy, Dave, crashed his bike. Paraplegic, paralyzed from just below his chest down. Still rides.

-- Wayne

3. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    My buddy, Dave, crashed his bike. Paraplegic, paralyzed from just below his chest down. Still rides.

-- Wayne
    Hero!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I seriously doubt on a twisting hilly road the Triumph would be much slower if any to your Yamaha until you got to a straight.
    There's some truth to that, yes.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Hero!

He's an amazing guy. We raced cars together for years. The stuff he did just to get on the track was crazy, in addition he was a great driver and did really well on track, too. He raced in the NASA AI and AIX series.

7. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Do dangerous shit or sit around - we're both dying, I'm just having more fun.

To be fair, sitting around is quite dangerous. Apparently sitting is the new smoking, and I smoke.

A basic Thruxton does 0-60 in 5 seconds. That's plenty fast. Faster than my Z4 (slower than my S4, though). And the R does it in 3.1 seconds. If that's too slow for you, you really do have a death wish.

Besides, I just know my limitations. I can handle a fast car no problem, but I don't have the reflexes or coordination to handle a bike. Not since my 20s. I'm too old to have a 3 second rocket as a chair.
    Last edited by Raza; May 21, 2019 at 01:06 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    To be fair, sitting around is quite dangerous. Apparently sitting is the new smoking, and I smoke.

A basic Thruxton does 0-60 in 5 seconds. That's plenty fast. Faster than my Z4 (slower than my S4, though). And the R does it in 3.1 seconds. If that's too slow for you, you really do have a death wish.

Scary to you is fun or a relaxing pastime for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Besides, I just know my limitations. I can handle a fast car no problem, but I don't have the reflexes or coordination to handle a bike. Not since my 20s. I'm too old to have a 3 second rocket as a chair.

You'll learn a lot more and end up a better rider flogging a slow bike than you will pussyfooting around on a bike that's got more power than you do skills.

Scary to you is fun or a relaxing pastime for someone else.

You'll learn a lot more and end up a better rider flogging a slow bike than you will pussyfooting around on a bike that's got more power than you do skills.
    Very true I'm riding my 125 much harder than I did the 900 or 650. Now the speed is much slower but throwing it around twisty roads is great fun

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    Very true I'm riding my 125 much harder than I did the 900 or 650. Now the speed is much slower but throwing it around twisty roads is great fun

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    I’m also a fan of a medium fast car being driven hard rather than puttering about atop a kiloton bomb. For me, speed is a byproduct, not an end.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

13. Likes Blanchy, Samanator liked this post