Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HEW for the wife - suggestions?

Well feel free to keep em coming!

Also, thank you for the good excuse to go to the AP boutique!!

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Keeping up the old men's watch as new woman's watch theme, have you considered the Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classique? At 38x23 it's a perfect woman's fit and the simple handwind movement with no date makes it a painless watch to grab, wind set and and go.

http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/GB/e...ue/2508110#/t2

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Good call! I did try that, and she really loves Reversos (she even bought me one as a wedding gift) but didn't like how it fit on her wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Keeping up the old men's watch as new woman's watch theme, have you considered the Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classique? At 38x23 it's a perfect woman's fit and the simple handwind movement with no date makes it a painless watch to grab, wind set and and go.

http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/GB/e...ue/2508110#/t2

HEW for the wife - suggestions?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429831744.891824.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  61.0 KB

If she can live with subtle diamond markers, this Zenith Star Elite has the whole package. 33mm, but with short lugs fits a slender wrist (my wife's wrists are as thin as my ne are thick). I realize it may not be high-end enough.

Rick "with a picture handy today" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

7. Likes Nokie liked this post
    I gave my wife a Reverso last Christmas and she never takes it off. That would be my suggestion as well.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I like that Zenith but can't seem to find that specific dial online

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    I like that Zenith but can't seem to find that specific dial online
    On the Zenith website, it's called "Star 33mm", ref. 03.1970.681/01.C733.

I'm on my iPhone, so the link is to the mobile site. But it's there.

http://m.zenith-watches.com/en_en_m/star-33-mm-178.html

Google the reference number--I see many on the gray market.

Rick "at prices lower than the Geneva boutique, too" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

In that case have a look at the Dunhill facet. While the older ones are ETA powered (but lovely) they are now in the same group as JLC and have JLC movements. Whisper it, but I prefer the facet to the reverso and Dunhill's contemporaneous (both are from the thirties) solution of a bloody great lump of sapphire rather than a reversing face, has stood the test of time.

Casually tried to find the Zenith around NYC but no luck yet. The Dunhill is interesting but she wants something dressier this time. Down the line I think it would get more additional consideration, thanks!