Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Rolex make this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Presumably if sent to Rolex for a service they would bin the dial, bin the crystal, and completely repolish the case and bracelet.

How much do they want, how much would Rolex charge, and how much would it be worth afterwards?
    They want $1000 USD. I think as it is, it's a $700 watch maybe. I could be wrong because I'm not a Rolex expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    They want $1000 USD. I think as it is, it's a $700 watch maybe. I could be wrong because I'm not a Rolex expert.
    You can get a 6694 looking like this for $1550.

Would Rolex do all the necessary work for under $550? (I know my guess)

Do you reckon that some of the indices fell off, so they knocked off the rest and painted over the dial?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    You can get a 6694 looking like this for $1550.

Would Rolex do all the necessary work for under $550? (I know my guess)

Do you reckon that some of the indices fell off, so they knocked off the rest and painted over the dial?
    No way they do that work for under $550. And the indices falling off and them just halfway fixing it is what I believe happened. Unless someone can find another dial like this. Which I haven't been able to do.

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    If you are able to get for $700 and a willing to watch eBay for a correct replacement dial and have someone locally who will do the work on it, I'd think about it...

I figure it would be around $100-$250 for a dial off eBay and you have to be careful trying to find a real one for what little I have looked at Rolex dials on eBay.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    No way they do that work for under $550. And the indices falling off and them just halfway fixing it is what I believe happened. Unless someone can find another dial like this. Which I haven't been able to do.
    That deep deep black reminds me of some excessively glossy, supposedly original sixties Glashuttes that go to for hundreds of dollars on ebay