Likes Likes:  4,961
Page 258 of 477 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 4763

Thread: Random watch thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Ugly, and in incredibly poor taste.
    Last edited by Raza; Mar 12, 2018 at 11:26 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    This forum needs a barf emoji. All we have are
    Ask and ye shall receive
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive
    So noted, as above.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Name:  3_web_3.png
Views: 96
Size:  326.9 KB

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    hmmm so whats our take on this believable or not ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1....c100005.m1851

mean hmt was round from the 60's well early but from the 60's for watches any way give or take a few years but I did not think they have ties to army, don't remember reading that made hmts for the army ? ... if so then makes the story line questionable think I had a couple with stamps on the back but just thought faked at the time or the back came from something else so either way it's gone higher then I would pay for a hmt
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

Probably genuine. There were some HMT watches issued to Indian troops. I can’t remember the details but they’re mentioned in reference works.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1....c100005.m1851

mean hmt was round from the 60's well early but from the 60's for watches any way give or take a few years but I did not think they have ties to army, don't remember reading that made hmts for the army ? ... if so then makes the story line questionable think I had a couple with stamps on the back but just thought faked at the time or the back came from something else so either way it's gone higher then I would pay for a hmt
    I'm not going to comment on this one specific watch, but I have a couple Punjabi co-workers one of whom's dad worked for HMT (agriculture machine department I think). He said that the military canteens (stores for soldiers) offered the HMT watches to military personnel at discount. Jawan means soldier. He doesn't think it was an issue watch but was not in the military himself.

11. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Probably genuine. There were some HMT watches issued to Indian troops. I can’t remember the details but they’re mentioned in reference works.
    oh cool I know hmt went on to do parts for the naval forces but thought that was electronically parts .. but when I did a hmt thread a few years back .. from memory don't remember any connection between hmt and military watch contracts .. well that I came across .. I don't think .. so can you remember how it went ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    I'm not going to comment on this one specific watch, but I have a couple Punjabi co-workers one of whom's dad worked for HMT (agriculture machine department I think). He said that the military canteens (stores for soldiers) offered the HMT watches to military personnel at discount. Jawan means soldier. He doesn't think it was an issue watch but was not in the military himself.
    that I can buy .. it was the broad arrow and stamps I was not so much buying as they did a range of names on the dial like pilot for one ...

so I suppose the question is more is the military marking right or wrong then ?

I have had one of those dial hmt and mine did not have that on the back I don't think
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy