Likes Likes:  12,948
Page 771 of 893 FirstFirst ... 271671721761769770771772773781821871 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 8929

Thread: Food

This morning some quick mandarin crepes
    Name:  IMG_20190418_022602.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  62.6 KB
    The sauce is just some juice, cornstarch, sugar, and cloves.
    It was pretty good but not very filling. I think spreading some mascarpone or cream cheese on the crepe first would really boost them.

2. Likes Henry Krinkle, Raza liked this post
    Ooni pizza oven. Wood pellets - does the job. Though the base isn't ever as crispy as I'd like tbh - the toppings burn before that happens. I'll take tips! I can finish it in the frying pan, though that feels like a cheat.

Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes Henry Krinkle, gnuyork, boatme99 liked this post
    Other than the fry pan at the end you could always blind bake the crust, then top and finish it.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

6. Likes Seriously, boatme99 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ooni pizza oven. Wood pellets - does the job. Though the base isn't ever as crispy as I'd like tbh - the toppings burn before that happens. I'll take tips! I can finish it in the frying pan, though that feels like a cheat.
    Having cooked enough pizzas in my lifetime, I found that there are many variables. For giggles, I looked at some of the reviews and this fellow hit it right on the head, including the part on heating up the stone:

"I have the Uuni 2 - I would expect the Uuni 3 to be an improvement. However, I find I can produce very good pizzas with a little practice and perseverance. There are two key things - firstly, it takes a bit of practice to judge when the fire is at the right level. For me, the ideal temperature is when the flames are running about half way across the top of the oven roof. If they are lower, then I feed some more fuel and wait a few minutes. If the flames are too high, then I wait a minute or two for them to die down. The second important thing is to time your pizzas - I find that after about 45 seconds I need to turn the pizza through 180 degrees to get it to cook evenly. After a further 45 seconds, the pizza is cooked and ready to eat. Other tips - make sure you run the oven long enough to completely warm up the pizza stone, as this helps to cook the pizza from below. I also make the pizzas as thin as possible and do not put too much sauce/topping on it. Use plenty of flour on the paddle before you put the pizza on it - that way you can slide it into the oven with a quick jerk and it does not stick. Using semolina instead of flour when you roll out the pizza bases gives them a crisper texture. I find 00 grade flour gives the best results. Having said all this, my pizzas are generally softer/more moist in the centre, which is how I like them."

Keep us posted! I seriously considered the U3, but lifestyle and diets made me decide I should not.

Dan

A couple of flatbreads, or sauceless pizzas or what-have-yous.

Artichoke and onion with rosemary and provolone picante, which is pretty much a default.

Name:  P4190007.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  94.9 KB

Zucchini, blue cheese, thyme, honey and lemon zest.

Name:  P4190006.jpg
Size:  127.0 KB
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

9. Likes Seriously, geoffbot, gnuyork, boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ooni pizza oven. Wood pellets - does the job. Though the base isn't ever as crispy as I'd like tbh - the toppings burn before that happens. I'll take tips!
    For a perfect crust with a gloriously crispy bottom, the key is preheating or prepping your preferred cookware. If you’re using a pizza stone, it should be preheated in a hot oven for at least 20 minutes. If you’re using a baking sheet, you can preheat it in the oven or spread a thin layer of cooking oil over the bottom before building your pizza.
    A 350°F oven might work for a lot of recipes, but it does not work for pizza. Make a pie at a too-low temp, and you’ll end up with a pizza that has a limp, soggy crust and overcooked toppings. Good pizza needs a hot oven, so whatever you do, do not stop that temperature dial at 350°F. Don’t even stop at 400°F.

PS: How about starting a fire underneath it too
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Thanks chaps. Yes I think I have it too hot. You want to heat up the stone but then I think wait till the flames die down as the base can cook before the toppings burn. I could blind bake the base but then again I feel its inauthentic! Of course if I run out of ideas I'll deffo do that. I already semolina the heck out of the peel before putting the pizzas on, don't overtop them etc so it's just the timing I think. I probs need a laser thermometer.

12. Likes Henry Krinkle, Dan R, boatme99 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    So this happened... my winemaker friend has stopped his label and just consulting now, and moving to Idaho. We had a crazy vertical tasting and going away party. Vegetarians might want to look away for a sec.

Santa Cruz Cabs

Name:  IMG_7867.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  69.4 KB

Cheeses, meats, foie gras

Name:  IMG_6993.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  100.7 KB

Steaks

Name:  IMG_6716.jpg
Size:  117.1 KB

Napa Cabs

Name:  IMG_6098.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  83.2 KB

Syrah and Viognier

Name:  IMG_3468.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  88.2 KB

Our winemaker friend being silly with Jamon Iberico

Name:  IMG_2837.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  80.2 KB
    Last edited by skywatch; Apr 21, 2019 at 06:13 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

The like is for the wine, not the dead animals

15. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I liked it for the wine and the dead animals.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

17. Likes Henry Krinkle, skywatch, boatme99 liked this post