Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Rado Ref 603

Rado Ref 603

does anyone know what movement this rado uses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely I can only find that reference on Russian sites, not even on Rado.com.
    The information I could find says that it has an ETA A05.H21 movement which has a power reserve of 54 hours.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

The base calibre of the ETA A05.H21 is the Valjoux 7750. The date hole is in an odd place. It is at 3 normally, but it is the only ETA calibre that otherwise fits with the specs and that 6,9, 12 dial configuration that I know of other than the 7750 itself, which also has the date at 3.

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 16, 2022 at 08:03 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

I believe the movement was originally developed for Hamilton, so it should be an affordable/mid level solidly reliable cam chronograph.

This movement is available in 25 and 27 jewel variants. Here is a pic of a 27j version.

Name:  RADO-ETA-A05H31-27-Jewels-movement-001-1-300x300.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  18.2 KB

A shame they didn't use the seconds hand at 9 like on the original Valjoux 7750 chronograph. That would have been a suitable nod to the past.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

7. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    thanks for the explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk