Likes Likes:  10
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Info request Rado purple gazelle

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    It's a strange one, it a appears to have a VI under the date and it has the same coat of arms as my Musketeer VI but the similarities end there.

What's the reference on your Musketeer?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Sorry Hank, I'm in Brisbane and the Musketeer's at home, I'll try to remember to look at it when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Sorry Hank, I'm in Brisbane and the Musketeer's at home, I'll try to remember to look at it when I get back.
    No worries. I am curious what movement is in it. I am guessing a 2789.

That is definitely a Musketeer crest on the dial, but as Slade suggests it belongs in a gold case. More troubling is the fact that I very much doubt that movement is a genuine Rado movement. Even Conways and Companions, the entry level Rados from that era, have better finished movements. I have seen that movement in a lot of outright fake Companions and also in more than a few frankens but I can't say I have ever seen it in a Rado that otherwise looks 100% correct.
    One correction and one confirmation.

There are in fact Musketeer VIs with gold markers/anchor/hands in stainless steel cases. They are however shaped like @Tim. 's. Instead of the stripes on the face of the case they have a little strip of gold hobnail pattern at the top and bottom of the case.

The non 5 digit reference Musketeers seem to be 625s so my assumption that an authentic VI should have an ETA 2789 inside is generally correct.

5. Likes Tim. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELPIPIRIPAU View Post
    Here is another Rado that i managed to find with the same body style different model.

Attachment 119556
    Attachment 119557
    Attachment 119558
    Attachment 119559
    Are you from Indonesia, the Rado image you uploaded has been seen on several buying and selling sites in my country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct! Also note the H stamped to the right of the serial number, in this case I surmise it stands for horizontal as many, if not most of the Musketeer VI's have vertical corrugations on the bezel.

Name:  IMG20221125093939.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  290.2 KB

Name:  IMG20221125093753.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  238.9 KB

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post