Thread: Random watch thread

Ghost Captain

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

2. Likes CFR, Samanator, hayday, synequano liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Not sure about these. Don't care for them actually.

Star Wars tie-ins? I love Star Wars and I really like Oris, but this collaboration doesn’t seem to have worked very well.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post

Am I missing something ?... ... That doesn't look particularly 'Grand', to me.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

6. Likes hayday liked this post
    My Rolex AD is also my local source for Breitling. This is kind of calling me as a half step to the solid rose gold Yachtmaster. I've wanted to get one now that Breitling has solved some past things I did not like with my previous one. I see this as a watch that also solves some of my issues with the Black Bay, but adds a few of its own. Plus is it gives me the same movement as the newer BB. So it kind of kills 2.5 birds with one stone.

Last edited by Samanator; Dec 6, 2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes Cybotron, synequano, geoffbot, Jazzmaster liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    My Rolex AD is also my local source for Breitling. This is kind of calling me as a half step to the solid rose gold Yachtmaster. I've wanted to get one now thtat Breitling has solve some past things I did not like with my previous one. I see this as a watch that also solves some of my issues with the Black Bay, but adds a few of its own. Plus is it gives me the same movement as the newer BB. So it kind of kills 2.5 birds with one stone.

I kinda like it. I'm not really fond of two-tone or Breitling but this works.
    Cheers,

Richard

10. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Tis a handsome watch for sure. Lack of numbers on the rotating bezel is a bit silly but hey
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Yema are charming pieces and realistically I wouldn't be buying regardless, but I wish brands would reissue heritage pieces exactly with precise details, or fewer. People want reissues because the modern stuff is too big, too busy or lacking character.

This just leaves me with questions. Why add those extra details to the outer edge of the dial? Why make the bezel grooves bigger and busier? And why use conventional numbering on the bezel? Why not stay true to the quirky reversed numbering of the original bezel?
    Personally, I want reissues because I want a vintage style, but without the worries of vintage ownership and I want a modern size. If you want a 35mm vintage-style watch, why not just get a vintage watch?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

13. Likes hayday, synequano liked this post
    On a related note, I love the look of fauxtina watches until I realize they're fauxtina watches. Instead of paying extra for something that looks old, why not just get the one that IS old? It's both the original AND cheaper! I love my vintage pieces.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. Likes synequano, Dimman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    On a related note, I love the look of fauxtina watches until I realize they're fauxtina watches. Instead of paying extra for something that looks old, why not just get the one that IS old? It's both the original AND cheaper! I love my vintage pieces.
    The new IWC with half faux-tina drives me insane.

Up next:
    - faux dings
    - faux scratches
    - faux ripped off bezels

Or am I late to the party?