Likes Likes:  474
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WRUW - Tue 8th Jan'19

Late post...Hawkinge today (on the bespoke iyonk strap, of course).

Cheers,

Chris

A little late but this marks the end of a 16-day streak for Vero, through sand, sea, smog, silliness and small children. File photo from before I abridged the NATO.

It's running now at as close to +/- 0 seconds per day as I can measure without instruments. I'm dreading the decision of what's next in the rotation because this watch makes most of my other watches feel like a step down.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    A good day:
    That picture is freaking me out. Those indices look carnivorous, like the fangs of a dangerous animal. Nice watch though, albeit slightly disturbing.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

4. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I see Omega has taken over Tudor Tuesday. Therefore, I'm wearing Casio today in protest
    Attachment 82454
    There's a barista at my local java joint who wears a gold toned Casio digital and every time I see it it makes me think of you. It also brings me back to the 70s when I first started seeing digital watches.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

6. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post

Actually it’s damascus steel — two different types of steel forged together and folded in certain ways to create patterns then acid etched to highlight the pattern.
    Really beautiful stuff in person. I have a Damascus steel folding knife that's so pretty I don't want to cut anything with it. As an aside, Damascus steel, I'm told, is the real life basis for Valyrian steel in Game of Thrones.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I see Omega has taken over Tudor Tuesday. Therefore, I'm wearing Casio today in protest
    Attachment 82454
    Well, actually...it's because I'm still feeling lousy and needed something soothing and didn't need winding and setting and whatnot.

But really. Speedy doesn't even rhyme with Tuesday!
    In ancient Greek, it is pronounced "Teesdee", which was a shortening of the original word in ancient Egyptian, which was translated from glyph into a word that sounded much like "Teedmaster".

In college, I minored in making up ridiculous bullshit explanations for things.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes Strange, popoki nui, hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    As an aside, Damascus steel, I'm told, is the real life basis for Valyrian steel in Game of Thrones.
    I believe you're right about that. You see it most clearly in the very few closeups they show of Longclaw.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

11. Likes Raza liked this post
    Really beautiful stuff in person. I have a Damascus steel folding knife that's so pretty I don't want to cut anything with it. As an aside, Damascus steel, I'm told, is the real life basis for Valyrian steel in Game of Thrones.
    Damasko should make a Damascus steel watch. Then a special version in colaberstion with tabsasco (sauce).
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

13. Likes Raza, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Damasko should make a Damascus steel watch. Then a special version in colaberstion with tabsasco (sauce).
    That would be hot.

(sorry)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

15. Likes Raza, geoffbot, OhDark30 liked this post
    In ancient Greek, it is pronounced "Teesdee", which was a shortening of the original word in ancient Egyptian, which was translated from glyph into a word that sounded much like "Teedmaster".

In college, I minored in making up ridiculous bullshit explanations for things.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

17. Likes Raza liked this post