Likes Likes:  17

Thread: **** My kinda G'shock ****

**** My kinda G'shock ****

Well it's was a quite Sunday afternoon so was sorting out some of my Casio's and well just thinking on Casio things and realize I seem to mainly go for the DW range as a whole I some times buy others on a whim to fix got a few am going to sell or gift on. and am wearing a GA-100 but it never blew me away as much as say a old dw-9050 say ( but of late have found a new found love for the GA-100 )

And just missed out on a DW-8400 looked ok but needed a new strap / bezel missed the end of the auction (went cheap too ) so though I might do a thread on my various Casio's I have and will have (wont bother with one's I sold already think theirs a thread somewhere, where I list all my Casio's I had in affordable forum ) so think it will be more a case of whats got my interest at the moment both what I own and what has caught my eye

Think I will start with a pic of one of my all time favourite a dw 9050 :

And then the one I'm working on at the minute on the right but guess you work that out another of the nine thousand range a 51 this time

It seems to be I tend more to vintage casio then new, not that I don't buy new just like the feel of the older models more so am always on the look out for one to fix for the right price, might have some thing else to work on if I win the bid too

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Greg, d2mac, Sedi, I-B, iyonk liked this post
    well saw this when looking for the more for a score comp but tag another one for that so was watching it any way hoping my seawatch would sell in time it did not, so did not have enough to bid shame as look like a good watch and went cheap £13.50 plus a couple of quid post which seems a really good price to me so a G 9000 in very fair con it looks

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes I-B, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    what do we think of this one ?

Casio Pro Trek Alarm Chronograph Watch SGW-300HB-3AVER

so guys any one had one of these ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes Sedi, iyonk liked this post
    I like the G-9000.
    Seems that 9052 resin might fit!

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    I like the G-9000.
    Seems that 9052 resin might fit!
    yes that was my thought if I could get it going grand if not the strap / bezel might have fitted the 9051 that needs it so win win but finished before my auction did and did not have the funds .. shame really as think they got a bargain with that one looked great con and the box was a new one on me it seem like the top was open in the middle
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    this hexagon nut box was used on eropean version all through the late 90 colorfull G craze.

I had plenty of that boxes back then.

I like the GA-100 very much, too.
    If there is a ana-digi with a good feature set and perfect readability of the lcd then this!

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    this hexagon nut box was used on eropean version all through the late 90 colorfull G craze.

I had plenty of that boxes back then.

I like the GA-100 very much, too.
    If there is a ana-digi with a good feature set and perfect readability of the lcd then this!
    well most my vintage come un boxed and my new ones come in the standard box we see now so might have seen it before and not register it maybe but thought cool the 90's was my rotary phase

yeah the ga-100 is really growing on me been using it very hard and it's not showing a thing yet so got to be one of the first for a tough every day work watch

there was a limited run red camo one I wish I had got now too instead of the storm trooper
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    what do we think of this one ?

Casio Pro Trek Alarm Chronograph Watch SGW-300HB-3AVER

so guys any one had one of these ?
    Just saw this now. I got the exact same model with the nylon strap. Wore it as a work watch while I was still in the tree climbing business. Later I used the W-S220 for work.
    The SGW-300 has a great module IMO.
    Cheers, Sedi

16. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Just saw this now. I got the exact same model with the nylon strap. Wore it as a work watch while I was still in the tree climbing business. Later I used the W-S220 for work.
    The SGW-300 has a great module IMO.
    lost out on the bid next time
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

18. Likes Sedi liked this post
    well the bids gone to high for me but thought you guys might like to see a early 8050 which I think is a really cool watch but as it was a spares/repair lot it has gone higher then I wanted to pay for a risky punt shot

sharky
    rest easy good buddy