Likes Likes:  288
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: **** WRUW - Friday, January 11, 2019 ****

Don’t overdo it at work, Sherry, make sure you get better.

Geoff’s favorite for today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

Speedy reissue

Cheers,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    And I still buy physical albums.
    I do, too. We still have one record store here, with actual vinyl LPs as well as CDs. I do like flipping through the record bins, just like the good old days.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes Henry Krinkle, skywatch, Jazzmaster liked this post
    I buy mostly second-hand CDs (some for pennies) and rip them to lossless FLAC files. I then have a laptop (with external DAC) that I use as a hi-fi component.

Periodically, when there’s enough to fill a cardboard box, the CDs are sold - often back to the same company that supplied them.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I do, too. We still have one record store here, with actual vinyl LPs as well as CDs. I do like flipping through the record bins, just like the good old days.
    Is that Ditch?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I buy mostly second-hand CDs (some for pennies) and rip them to lossless FLAC files. I then have a laptop (with external DAC) that I use as a hi-fi component.

Periodically, when there’s enough to fill a cardboard box, the CDs are sold - often back to the same company that supplied them.
    I still have most of my 4000+ vinyl LPs, thousand or so 7" singles, a couple hundred 78 rpms and a couple of thousand CDs. If my house ever caught fire it would be worse than the Springfield tire fire.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

11. Likes hayday liked this post
    I still have most of my 4000+ vinyl LPs, thousand or so 7" singles, a couple hundred 78 rpms and a couple of thousand CDs. If my house ever caught fire it would be worse than the Springfield tire fire.

I gave away all of my LPs about twenty years ago - in one fell swoop to a work colleague. I’m guessing that there were around 500. I can’t remember what I did with my turntable, but it’s quite likely that I threw it in a skip.

My record dealer friend in Kraków winces when I mention some of the albums I used to have...

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Is that Ditch?
    No, Sunrise Records. I will have to visit Ditch sometime. It's right downtown, and I try to avoid going downtown as much as possible due to the changes the city council had made recently. Not worth the hassle.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine