Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When FedEx 2-day isn't

Blog Entries

When FedEx 2-day isn't

I'm buying a watch from a guy down in Texas and as part of the deal he's shipping it FedEx 2-day insured. Per FedEx tracking he sent it Saturday the 29th and, again per FedEx tracking, its expected date of delivery is Wednesday the 3rd. Since I'm not so good at math you may want to check my results but by my calculations that's 4 business days from send to receive. What I want to know is if I'm paying for 2-day delivery and the delivery is scheduled to take twice that amount of time am I due a refund from FedEx?

How the hell do they get away with this nonsense?
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

He takes it to them on Saturday, but their clock starts 11.59am Monday morning. They'll deliver 11.58am Wednesday. Bingo?

^^^^^^

Yup.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post

How the hell do they get away with this nonsense?

I don't take no shit from no-one when a courier fails to deliver (or collect to be more precise), I keep on at them until I get a refund..

My advice is "You don't ask, you don't get" and "if they don't know, they need to"

...... so let them know they let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I don't take no shit from no-one when a courier fails to deliver (or collect to be more precise), I keep on at them until I get a refund..

My advice is "You don't ask, you don't get" and "if they don't know, they need to"

...... so let them know they let you down
    Why do I find this so easy to picture?

I had one recently, I arranged a collect (for my work) on the friday via a portal, said the collect would happen on the monday.....

Monday came and went, no collect .... tuesday came and I checked online progress/tracking (just before contacting portal), it said "collected by courier" !

So as I could still see the box waiting to be collected , I contacted them and slowly reeled them in via live chat

"Must have been Mis-scanned" was their pathetic initial excuse ..... err that's why barcodes were invented to prevent "mis-scans"

Refund .... and make it snappy !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    He takes it to them on Saturday, but their clock starts 11.59am Monday morning. They'll deliver 11.58am Wednesday. Bingo?
    Yer puttin' me on, right? That is the cheeziest most jiveass thing I've heard all day. If that's somebody's idea of how to run a business they should have their liver removed with a grapefruit spoon. And to think all this time I considered FedEx the good guys. Well, by comparison to UPS, who are a bunch of knuckledragging neanderthals -- a couple of weeks ago I was awaiting a package that was reported as 'delivered' but which never arrived. When I called the local UPS office to find out what was up it turned out the package had been delivered...to a house two streets away.

Anyway, I'll be having a conversation with the good people at FedEx about this 2-day delivery business. < rolls eyes in disgust>
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

FedEx 2 day only counts business days so it is quite possible that the "clock" doesn't start until Monday which makes Wednesday the "correct" delivery day. USPS on the other hand uses every day of the week in their calculation so if a priority mail package is in the 2 day window (most seem to be now) then shipped on Saturday arrives on Monday (obviously any package which "should" arrive on Sunday will not be delivered until Monday).

Savagely Average
    Yep, business days.....living in FedEx's back yard is nice, stuff regularly shows up early, as long as the dogs do not scare the delivery person away.

Blog Entries
    So I don't get to go full psycho on their asses? That is somehow disappointing to me. I really hate it when people have excuses for doing stuff that annoys me. Since I can't seem to find the 'eyes rolling' smiley anymore let me just state for the record that I am now rolling my eyes in annoyance.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦