Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I've done it....

Well, I've done it....

Yep, I've sold them all. Vacheron -gone. GS - gone. Zenith - gone. All of them but one "better watch" - gone.

I kept the Speedy Pro and have all of my affordables left, the Baby Tuna (love it), the Mido the bride gifted me and will never go, picked up a new Certina DS-80 Powermatic that fits perfectly, my Revolution, and a variety of others.

I'm just going to sit right here for a while to determine what comes next as I need next purchases to be perfect, for me, and size was, is, an issue with the VC being perfect, but someone wanted it at my asking, so I sold it. The GS was a bit too small, the Zenith a touch large.

I'm getting very picky in my old age.

So, starting over, again...it should be interesting. What's next? I don't know, however, I am going to live with what I have for a bit and choose very carefully.

2. Likes rodia77, Cybotron, I-B, Raza, Fantasio liked this post
    I have to confess I'm a bit speechless right now, but I admire such a courageous move.

Can be fun. Good luck!

4. Likes wschofield3 liked this post

6. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    yeah been doing the same not so much high end stuff as did not have any but yes am finding hard each time to replace what I sell was in to the mil looking g10 so had a selection of g10 a like but sold them all (well lost one just up and vanished ) in favour of the cwc same with vostok had over a 125 at one point down to five with three going so just keeping a shiny one and a beater ... I could go on ..so have saved a bit not a lot to some but around the comfort factor spending point ( what I can justify spending on a watch ) .. and can not find a thing gone very picking ... did have a couple of whim buys but those end up being sold too ... just at a lost as what one will be next
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Have you been kidnapped, and this is a secretly coded cry for help? Ninja Zulu cross-top, code-word 7-up? We're sending people to come save you, stat.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Dang, Walter.

11. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Whoa. All I can say is I’m stunned you let the VC go. Couldn’t have been perfect after all if you were willing to part with it.

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Wow Walter that indeed surprises but more power to you, will await with interest the next one(s) . . .

15. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Wow!!!
    Like everyone else, I'm extremely surprised to hear this (you let some amazing ones go for sure)...BUT, this means you have a very nice watch fund just sitting there, begging for what comes next!!! Hmmm...that's pretty exciting!
    Cheers,

Chris

17. Likes CFR, wschofield3 liked this post
    Actually I knew this day was coming but still shocked. If the pieces didn't work out then there's no sense in keeping them I guess. I think you sum it up best in your post "choose very carefully". I agree with that so take your time choosing the next one for the next journey.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

19. Likes wschofield3 liked this post