Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOTCC - State of the Chinese Collection

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I seem to remember HKEd saying the Tourby could be sent back if it needed repair/service without a huge bill. I don't wear it regularly, so my guess is it may not even require service in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, although no-one has tested it yet

Feel free to contact me if anything does go wrong.

2. Likes mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    A beautiful collection. Of course my favourites are the vintage watches.

Re Suzhou date codes (I don't have confirmation, so this is only an opinion):

They appear to follow the same pattern as the codes on Shanghai tongjis. A would be the first year of production, B the second, C the third, etc. I believe the start year is 1975. A code of OK would mean November 1989. However, the watch and its movement both look older than that. Could it be DK?
    My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

What a lovely collection of Chinese watches. I don't own any Chinese at the moment, but after reading this post that is sure to change at some point in the not too distant future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are worried about the service costs of a Beijing tourbillion, buy a Seagull one. As far as I am aware they have a lifetime warranty.

Threads like this make me think I really should buy a Seagull tourbillion. I like their designs, I do live in its home city after all, and I am sure I can get a very good discount on the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by saskwatch View Post
    A beautiful collection. Of course my favourites are the vintage watches.

Re Suzhou date codes (I don't have confirmation, so this is only an opinion):

They appear to follow the same pattern as the codes on Shanghai tongjis. A would be the first year of production, B the second, C the third, etc. I believe the start year is 1975. A code of OK would mean November 1989. However, the watch and its movement both look older than that. Could it be DK?
    Thanks Sask. That's high praise coming from you. Have used your site for research many times.

I'll have to open up the Suzhou again and check. But DK does make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    What a lovely collection of Chinese watches. I don't own any Chinese at the moment, but after reading this post that is sure to change at some point in the not too distant future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers Pip! There's a vast number of brands and watches to discover for you then. There's some newer brands starting to pop up now as well, with some interesting pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    If you are worried about the service costs of a Beijing tourbillion, buy a Seagull one. As far as I am aware they have a lifetime warranty.

Threads like this make me think I really should buy a Seagull tourbillion. I like their designs, I do live in its home city after all, and I am sure I can get a very good discount on the watch.

I only think the sg-warranty applies to their high-end tourbillons, but I could be wrong.

It's a long way in the future anyway. Many other watches to be bought before that... 😊

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    I only think the sg-warranty applies to their high-end tourbillons, but I could be wrong.

It's a long way in the future anyway. Many other watches to be bought before that...
    I believe it applies to all of them:

http://www.usseagull.com/EnProductSh...ssID=83&ID=120

Fantastic write up Magnus and a beautiful collection.
    I've only got one Chinese watch, the seagull 1963 reissue but I'd like to add something vintage to the collection one day so I'll be looking for some advice from you when the time comes. Keep up the good work buddy

11. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    I believe it applies to all of them:

http://www.usseagull.com/EnProductSh...ssID=83&ID=120

So it seems 👍