Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer...

Do you prefer...

To buy a watch to keep for life, or do you have every intention of selling them after a given time? What's your reasoning?

I like the idea of purchasing a watch for life. I look forward to the warm sentiment that goes on with a trusty companion every time it mounts up for the day. I know I'll keep my PR100 for life.
    B.-

I don't ever buy a watch intending to flip it later. But sometimes the watch doesn't turn out as I thought it would be. Sometimes I am unable to overlook what I thought would be a forgiveable flaw (size, usually). Sometimes my taste evolves. So they get flipped.

3. Likes Teeritz, DM71 liked this post
    I buy a watch to wear for life, chances are I could die tomorrow.

5. Likes Seriously, DM71 liked this post
    I have never sold a watch. I have given away watches I do not wear to friends and relatives, but when I buy a watch, I buy it with the intent of keeping it for life.

7. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I buy a watch to wear for life, chances are I could die tomorrow.
    And your tactical watch could be responsible for it.

9. Likes BillyR___, Bwana, Perseus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I have never sold a watch. I have given away watches I do not wear to friends and relatives, but when I buy a watch, I buy it with the intent of keeping it for life.
    After my collection grows and I'm a bit older, I hope to do the same. I would love to gift a few watches to family and friends.
    B.-

And your tactical watch could be responsible for it.
    I certainly plan to blame it, just hope my under-roo's are clean when I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I certainly plan to blame it, just hope my under-roo's are clean when I die.
    Planning to die with your pants on, eh? You're ambitious. I like it.

13. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Last edited by M. Montaigne; Dec 1, 2014 at 02:18 PM.

15. Likes vinylgreek liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The downside of that is that you get a reputation as someone who owns a lot of watches and gives them away, so you occasionally have folks who see your collection and want a watch (or two).
    You have your son now Mr. M. so you can set aside your finer pieces as projected family heirlooms.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

17. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post