Likes Likes:  84
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CASIO's AE-series > map-watches< (AE-1200, AE-1000, AE-1100 and the new AE-2100)

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Wow!!!! those are Amazing K&L!

i like this version the most
    Thanks! The red around the eye was just achieved by coloring it with a red Sharpie marker, but it helps it tie in with the band well. I keep going back and forth with this one and the OD green one as my favorite. It's funny how yellow Casio displays take on an olive green look when placed in green watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Awesome collection K&L.

They look great with the matching paracords.

All synced to the second too.
    Much appreciated...Yea, I figured syncing them would be a good way to test accuracy from watch to watch

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives & Lint View Post
    I've always thought the AE1200 was cool but never got around to picking any up until recently. I'm so glad I finally did, they are such a fun watch and have so much functionality for the price. Of course I couldn't leave them alone, so I added G-Shock NATO adapters from JaysandKays, and made some other mods/parts swapping as well.

Awesome set of AE's !

I like the red colored map.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

4. Likes iyonk, Knives & Lint liked this post
    Do the standard adapters fit? The AE-models have 18mm lugs. Did you use some kind of spacer to make up for the missing millimeters?
    Cheers, Sedi

6. Likes Knives & Lint liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Do the standard adapters fit? The AE-models have 18mm lugs. Did you use some kind of spacer to make up for the missing millimeters?
    They fit well enough, thought there is a small gap. I got the idea when I noticed that others were using G-Shock bands on their AE1200's. JaysandKays does offer a set of 18mm adapters, but it is just these same adapters with a couple of small O-rings as spacers. However those are only sold through their EBay store, so I didn't order those because I am impatient and wanted to get them Amazon Prime. I figured I could always find something later to use as spacers if necessary.

8. Likes Sedi liked this post
    New AE family member, the AE-3000!

Its huge! Protrek footprint!

10. Likes deCompression, Sedi, iyonk, Greg liked this post
    Oh wow. really nice !

I saw a few new map CASIOS's on the website.

A world map cyclope.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

12. Likes d2mac liked this post
    Looks simply awesome! I hope they'll release it in Germany, too. But maybe I'll just go ahead and order one from Spain. How long did the shipping take?
    Cheers, Sedi

14. Likes d2mac liked this post
    5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Looks simply awesome! I hope they'll release it in Germany, too. But maybe I'll just go ahead and order one from Spain. How long did the shipping take?

16. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Thanks. Just noticed that the price dropped a little, too from 48 to 41+shipping. I'm seriously tempted...

Correction about the price - it was two different listings but by the same seller.
    Last edited by Sedi; Feb 17, 2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

SGW-600H, a new world map Casio!

A cross breed with a Protrek!

19. Likes Sedi, iyonk, Greg liked this post