Likes Likes:  1,089
Page 93 of 283 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Not disagreeing with anything you said, however, I seemingly get more out of it than you have, and, don't necessarily need to get as much out of a TV show....I mean, it's not music and all.

I've always considered TV mindless entertainment, unless we are talking about The Soprano's or Breaking Bad, which IMO, were different.
    TV as mindless entertainment!? It can be, that's for sure. But TV has been at the forefront of really amazing storytelling lately. In some ways, TV is now able to take more risks and tell more avant-garde stories than movies can. Look at TV shows like Handmaid's Tale, Better Call Saul (which is a thousand times better than Breaking Bad and its complete lack of character growth and characters that I spent every moment of every episode wanting to strangle to death except for Jesse), True Detective S1, Fargo S2, and others in that vein. Fantastic. Sure, for each one of those, there are 50 Big Bang Theories, but that's always been the case with any form of media/entertainment.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I know we have some Westworld watchers...what did you think of that finale? Did anyone else notice that it basically turned into Agents of SHIELD? Which is also a terrible show.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I know we have some Westworld watchers...what did you think of that finale? Did anyone else notice that it basically turned into Agents of SHIELD? Which is also a terrible show.
    I stuck it out. Now, after watching the finale, my brain hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I stuck it out. Now, after watching the finale, my brain hurts.

It has The Framework and Life Model Decoys. It’s literally Agents of SHIELD. If you’re going to rip off a show, rip off a better one!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, I'm on Ep 8 and it seemed it was getting better...but now that you mention it...ah heck, I'll watch the last few and see what you are talking about.

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    I’ve started watching Succession on HBO. I love the scene in the first episode when an ass kisser tries to give the patriarch of the family and CEO of a large media company a Patek Phillip with the line “it’s incredibly accurate, every time you look at it it tells you how rich you are”.

Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

9. Likes geoffbot, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I've started the fourth season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Still loving it.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

11. Likes Cybotron, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I've started the fourth season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Still loving it.

Jeannie
    Bummer. I canceled my prime. I love his place and view. Especially his HiFi set up on the mid-century console.

Been watching some random stuff, mainly on HBO - Silicon Valley,Barry, Succession (Wow!) and a sleeper - Bored to Death. Ted Danson is cheesy, but overall a quirky show that's not too bad.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jul 7, 2018 at 12:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Been watching some random stuff, mainly on HBO - Silicon Valley,Barry, Succession (Wow!) and a sleeper - Bored to Death. Ted Danson is cheesy, but overall a quirky show that's not too bad.
    Bored to Death seems like a show I would like, but I really can’t stand Jason Schwartzmann. I can take him in small doses, but a whole show might be a bit much.