Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scubapro 500 Divers, a fantastic vintage dive watch!

Scubapro 500 Divers, a fantastic vintage dive watch!

I have always loved the vintage Scubapro 500 dive watches from the late 1970's. Below is a catalog page from 1978 that shows the three varieties that were being offered -- black (bezel insert), silver (bezel insert) and gold (case and accents).
    In addition to the automatic models that were pictured above, there were also quartz models produced.

There are plenty of examples of the black and silver models around the WIS community today, but I have yet to see an example of the gold model. I believe that this may have never been produced.

There is very little information regarding who actually produced these watches for Scubapro. It is thought that perhaps Eterna did, but I have not been able to find any solid information out there on the internet to support this. Even on the instruction manual there is very little information:

I actually have 4 Scubapro 500 models currently in my collection. Here is a group shot of three that I currently have in my possession and one that is currently with Jack at IWW getting a movement service as well as some dial/hand work done.

The automatic currently with IWW, which I had totally restored (see the before and after pictures below):

Some before shots of the one that I rescued from near death :

The restoration work was done by ABC Watchwerks in LA (microwelding and lapping of the case)

2. Likes deCompression, Raza, iyonk liked this post
    Great watch and they did a great job with the restoration!

Sweet, sweet, sweet!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Here are some shots of my quartz that I recently took. It is a nice little vintage diver!

6. Likes deCompression, iyonk liked this post
    Great collection on the Scubapro's !

Love the case shape of that one. Perfect match with the old Isofrane straps.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

Quote Originally Posted by deCompression View Post
    Great collection on the Scubapro's !

Love the case shape of that one. Perfect match with the old Isofrane straps.
    Thanks. The OEM strap was actually made by IsoFrane...it is the one with the circle cutouts. I have a few vintage IsoFrane straps too laying around that I may put on these at some point.

On a side note, the slotted rubber strap in the group photo is the IsoFrane produced strap from my Aquastar Benthos 500.

9. Likes deCompression liked this post
    Thanks for some Infos.

I know there are another old Isofrane with circle cutouts only in the middle of the strap.
    I think there was on the old Tag Heuer Super Pro 1000.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

On Drew canvas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes OTGabe, iyonk liked this post
    NOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk