Likes Likes:  788
Page 1 of 465 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: SOCCER SPORT !

SOCCER SPORT !

well we have food , beer , music threads started but no dedicated sport thread so far - so feel free to discuss any sport or topical sport related stuff -rant about your own team [not necessary for me as Man City are quite perfect ]- i guess Raza might want to say something about Liverpool's performance [or lack of it ] today -i bet on Crystal Place at 10/3 odds i am even quite prepared to be educated about the mysteries of American Football ! [ particularly the guy who keeps throwing his hankerchief into the ring !!

Blog Entries
    College basketball. But I seem to be in the minority with that here so I don't talk too much about it. My team did beat Ray's team Tuesday night, but he's still got his head and heart in football so probably didn't mind as much.

Jeannie

3. Likes shameless, hayday liked this post
    My Flyers won last night, for a change. So I got that going for me. Just finished watching the Tiger Cats beat the Alouettes for a chance to go to the Grey cup, Calgary and Edmonton are currently battling it out to see who gets to represent the other side of that coin. I'm not a football fan, but it's the playoffs.

Raptors beat Cleveland last night, which is huge. They are on a real tear this year. Season is still young, but they look great. Also not really a basketball fan, but it's had to avoid right now considering we are in first place.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

5. Likes shameless, popoki nui liked this post
    have to give big up to Hamilton today -unbelievably first Mercedes WC since Fangio in the 50's Name:  236E98A100000578-2846205-image-6_1416762041078.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  69.4 KB and always good to see the Union Flag !!

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    have to give big up to Hamilton today -unbelievably first Mercedes WC since Fangio in the 50's Name:  236E98A100000578-2846205-image-6_1416762041078.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  69.4 KB and always good to see the Union Flag !!

As a brit i still can't get exited about Lewis' win today. As a competition F1 is broken, all season there have only been 2 people who could have possibly won it, and that is mostly down to technology and mechanics in their team.

Yes both Hamilton and Rosberg are great drivers but still there was no competition this year (or last year when Vettel and red bull were unstoppable, and what happened this year).

The car is the most important factor, and it shouldn't be. Give them all the same car I say, let the best driver win.

8. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Any cricket lovers around here?
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

10. Likes Ace McLoud liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Any cricket lovers around here?
    Of course ! however you Aussies have turned a quintessensial English pastime developed by the Anglo Saxon into a hostile war of attrition the village green on a Sunday with tea and cake is the only way to enjoy

12. Likes CamB liked this post
    I so wanted Nico to win....

US Football, the hanky thrower is there to prevent the players from dying of oxygen deprivation which would result in an influx of rugby players into the league.

I have always wanted to learn about cricket but it gets pretty much no airplay in the states and what does is high dollar pay per view stuff. Thinking about F1 and cricket, I once watched F1 in Canada from the hairpin and could see folks playing cricket in their whites down by the river at the same time. But a Brit didn't win that year it was Fernando, Lewis won the next year (his first win).

14. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    US Football, the hanky thrower is there to prevent the players from dying of oxygen deprivation which would result in an influx of rugby players into the league.
    True. The average NFL football game has 11 minutes of action out of the 60 minutes on the clock and 185 minute broadcast time.

Source: http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB100...02852055561406

With that being said, I do watch American football occasionally, but I consider myself a rugby man.

16. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    I so wanted Nico to win....

I have always wanted to learn about cricket but it gets pretty much no airplay in the states and what does is high dollar pay per view stuff. Thinking about F1 and cricket, I once watched F1 in Canada from the hairpin and could see folks playing cricket in their whites down by the river at the same time. But a Brit didn't win that year it was Fernando, Lewis won the next year (his first win).
    his first priority might be to get a personality ! maybe success will follow