Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fallen for the Black Bay but want to try the size for a while, what are my options?

Fallen for the Black Bay but want to try the size for a while, what are my options?

I tried a Black Bay on the other day and liked it just as much as I expected to. What surprised me was that even at 41mm and 50mm lug to lug (much larger than my normal 34 to 38mm preference) it didn't feel too big.
    I'm a long way from being able to afford one, but am interested in trying the size out for a while to see if it really does work for me. So basically I'm looking for an inexpensive diver with similar proportions (41-42mm, 22mm lug width). The two options that spring to mind are the Orient Mako or the Seiko SNZH5x series (with the Seiko being my preference), but wondered if anyone had any other thoughts or suggestions. Cheers. Olly

Obviously, I haven't a clue, but I do think the Seiko the much better looking watch

You can actually find some pretty accurate homages of the black bay that other watch guys have modded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Personally I think the SNZH best represents the circumference of the Tudor Black Bay. It doesn't replicate the thickness of the case that well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You can actually find some pretty accurate homages of the black bay that other watch guys have modded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, I did consider that, but most of them seem to use smaller cases, and it's the size I really want to try

Quote Originally Posted by Mew88 View Post
    Personally I think the SNZH best represents the circumference of the Tudor Black Bay. It doesn't replicate the thickness of the case that well though.
    I think it's quite a bit thicker, but I could probably live with that