Likes Likes:  27,454
Page 780 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 280680730770778779780781782790830880 ... LastLast
Results 7,791 to 7,800 of 11978

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I keep thinking I should get one, but the superstitious side of me feels like that’s a guarantee I’ll get Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got one for giggles. I have a cuff machine for the blood pressure, figured this would round it out. Have had it for a year and have yet to catch c19 LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I keep thinking I should get one, but the superstitious side of me feels like that’s a guarantee I’ll get Covid.

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

I bought a used commercial safe and it was delivered today. It is a hefty thing that is being secured to the floor. Nothing is burglar proof, but this is a substantial speedbump for a casual or random thief. It took a while to find one that would fit my watch cases. This holds my three boxes with plenty of room for growth.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Likes troyrc1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ^^^
    So what's the code?
    Code 11.59 (Audemars Piguet) obviously.

7. Likes rodia77, troyrc1, Fantasio, Dimman, ctimrun liked this post
    Quite a haul, today! Marvelite, Negroni, and Bond...James Bond

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    Quite a haul, today! Marvelite, Negroni, and Bond...James Bond

Bloody hell!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

11. Likes ctimrun, troyrc1 liked this post
    It seems like nothing looking at the haul above, but as those who know me from WUS Omega will know, I’m still to this day a bit of a vintage Omega fanboy. And so it’s not entirely surprising that I can see a bargain in this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Used-Omega-Watch-Please-see-pics-Spares-repairs-Poss-seamaster-34mm/254842593365

Where few others might. There’s a certain level of previous obsession that allows me to just know that inside this battered hulk is an Omega Cal.268.
    The year is 1962 and the ridiculously long life of the Omega 30 series is almost over. Modernity is arriving and the 30 series is almost over. However, keeping it relevant for a few more years and keeping the costs down Omega first move over to a modern one piece low drag low weight glycadur balance which they still poise very carefully as its new tech, they are not quite sure about it and they have quite a lot of employees who are rather good at this. This is unambiguously a Good Thing and gives the sort of stability that can hang around to be rediscovered half a century later. They also move from the wonderful Breguet Overcoil to a flat spring. This is cheaper and easier to setup but not as stable for long boring reasons. However, they don’t do it all at once, This gives us precisely two 30 series movements: the 268 (sub second) and the 285 (centre second) that have a modern balance with a Breguet overcoil. The 30 series has been in production non stop for 23 years and Omega have refined them to perfection. The 268 is as close to simple perfection as Omega can make. There are a handful of movements I’ll buy automatically if they drop below three figures. There are two I always expect will be working iafter a little fiddling: this and the GP352. It doesn’t look like much and I confess I may well already have one or two, but I always rescue hedgehogs too!

Suspect I won’t be the only person posting something from Eddie today