Likes Likes:  27,379
Page 612 of 1194 FirstFirst ... 1125125626026106116126136146226627121112 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 11934

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Ah! When I saw the blue dial, I was wondering if I remembered incorrectly your last Laco purchase... now I will go read your thread.

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Oops. I had an alert set on WatchRecon and something I have liked for several years popped up for sale. Couldn't Resist...

(Seller's Pic)

Attachment 94600
    That is quite nice. I'm pretty jealous, actually.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes Samanator, skywatch liked this post
    We have an arrival:

As I suspected, its a 4453. I assumed that the crown's clutch had failed from the seller's description, but in fact it is obvious that the either the click's screw has unscrewed and it has fallen off or the click spring has failed. Every time you wind the spring it just unwinds when you take your finger off the crown or push it in. When you wind it a few turns and hold it, it is ticking away merrily. Frustratingly I can't find the right tool to get into it as I think it's a ten minute repair (especially as I have donor Cal.59 I bought for the other one before I swapped it) I know I've got one as I gave a similar model to my daughter a few years ago. Still, it came in the original box which is a nice bonus and I don't think the seller's pictures did it justice. It's lovely.

Here's someone making a better case for it than I can:

https://www.blackbough.co.uk/product...a-1945-wwtsoa/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We have an arrival:

As I suspected, its a 4453. I assumed that the crown's clutch had failed from the seller's description, but in fact it is obvious that the either the click's screw has unscrewed and it has fallen off or the click spring has failed. Every time you wind the spring it just unwinds when you take your finger off the crown or push it in. When you wind it a few turns and hold it, it is ticking away merrily. Frustratingly I can't find the right tool to get into it as I think it's a ten minute repair (especially as I have donor Cal.59 I bought for the other one before I swapped it) I know I've got one as I gave a similar model to my daughter a few years ago. Still, it came in the original box which is a nice bonus and I don't think the seller's pictures did it justice. It's lovely.

Here's someone making a better case for it than I can:

https://www.blackbough.co.uk/product...a-1945-wwtsoa/
    Awesome!

You’re right about the seller’s pictures not doing it justice - and the box too.

It’s beginning to look like £200 well spent.

8. Likes shameless liked this post
    You bought that as I was working him over on price. Damn it.

Congrats!

Oops. I had an alert set on WatchRecon and something I have liked for several years popped up for sale. Couldn't Resist...

(Seller's Pic)

10. Likes skywatch, geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    You bought that as I was working him over on price. Damn it.
    Congrats!
    Hah! Yes, I actually thought his price was fair. Having often sold on WUS I get really tired of the constant lowballing, so I just wait for a price that looks decent then I jump.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Hah! Yes, I actually thought his price was fair. Having often sold on WUS I get really tired of the constant lowballing, so I just wait for a price that looks decent then I jump.

Evan always takes bad pictures, so I wasn't sure if the watch was just dirty or scratched up. Also, it's a distraction from the watch I'm really hunting right now, so I wanted to get it as low as possible.

13. Likes skywatch liked this post
    [QUOTE=tribe125;491401]You’re right about the seller’s pictures not doing it justice - and the box too.

It’s beginning to look like £200 well

I was thinking exactly the same as you Alan beat me to it as usual it does indeed look every pennies worth , what a pretty watch love the patina , some more of Your pix would be great please also that box looks intriguing! Never seen the like would enjoy some images of that , what is is constructed of ?presumably a scaled leather or cork of some description , not being funny but if the box is original Tudor it's probably half your money back alone , well done , wonderful find

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Evan always takes bad pictures, so I wasn't sure if the watch was just dirty or scratched up. Also, it's a distraction from the watch I'm really hunting right now, so I wanted to get it as low as possible.
    Unfortunately the watch I would REALLY buy in a blink is unobtainium. (Its name starts with "N" and rhymes with "knee-nawber"). True that Evan's pictures are lazy, and there are always fingerprints. I do suspect there are some swirlies near the lugs on the bezel, but I have some good polishing tools, and it's a full-polished case so should be easy to make new, if more than just fingerprints. No box and papers, alas, but those always just go into another box in the basement anyway...
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

16. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post