Likes Likes:  27,452
Page 1195 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 19569510951145118511931194119511961197 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,950 of 11978

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    I like it a lot. Bluetooth-less so it could be my first square, although I might still want to look for a model with the EL backlite rather than LED.
    Yeah my gold g is Bluetooth which is why I assume it runs out battery so quickly, despite having a screen off power saving mode I think. Don't use the Bluetooth so it's pointless, but yeah the illumination an posi display is good. Do any gs have that?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Yeah my gold g is Bluetooth which is why I assume it runs out battery so quickly, despite having a screen off power saving mode I think. Don't use the Bluetooth so it's pointless, but yeah the illumination an posi display is good. Do any gs have that?
    I like Bluetooth and atomic timekeeping, but it is hard to argue that either is really necessary. Solar is absolutely useful; my experience with G-Shock solar cells is that they last a long, long time; and I assume the environmental impact of making the solar cell is less than the impact of changing batteries every few years. The repurposed resin is a nice touch and looks cool in the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Name:  Screenshot_20240425_152145.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  218.8 KB

5. Likes rodia77, happyscrappyheropup, hayday liked this post

And what did you buy today ?

I would not have a G-SHOCK without Bluetooth and solar. The atomic never really worked well for me and I usually had to go dig through a manual and figure out how to jump it forward on my own. Now that I have the Bluetooth at the same time that my phone rolls over so do my watches when time changes are required. I also like the Bluetooth because I can set other things on the watches that usually required me to go dig out the manual again or look it up online to find how to get to the setting I want. I’ve never found G-SHOCK software feature menus to be intuitive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 25, 2024 at 11:28 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    On the non watch related front. A blowtorch to eliminate the weeds growing in between the driveway pavers.

9. Likes Mediocre, rodia77, pacifico66, tribe125, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    On the non watch related front. A blowtorch to eliminate the weeds growing in between the driveway pavers.

Wouldn't weed killed be a more longterm solution?

I tried various different brands, but none really worked all that well. And of course, a blowtorch is more fun.

12. Likes geoffbot, Mediocre, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I tried various different brands, but none really worked all that well. And of course, a blowtorch is more fun.
    Undeniably so. Flame on!

If you used a weedkiller it would last longer but then you're exposing yourself, your family, your pets, and your property, to the chemicals in them. I use the same thing @litlmn. Bonus is that it is an easy way to start my chimney for my grill and to light my fire pit.

Blog Entries
    I was looking for a watch to reward myself for finishing a long and difficult project that was rather lucrative. Well, long story short, while I’m still considering something, I’ve set my sights largely on the Zenith Defy Skyline Chrono, I know that will take longer, I’ve pivoted to something else on which to splurge. I’ve been wanting a handheld PC game system for a while and settled on the ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme. I’d been dragging my feet on it until I saw it on sale at Best Buy and my streamer friend partnered with ASUS. Game Pass wherever I go, baybeeee!

https://shop.asus.com/us/90nv0gy1-m0...ally-2023.html
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

16. Likes Fantasio, litlmn, rodia77 liked this post