Likes Likes:  27,361
Page 721 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723731771821 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 11917

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Manky?

That's like manly for monkeys, which is to say, extra ape manly-like.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

2. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Lovely PAM there! I always liked the design. The "8 days GMT" is one of my all-time favourites.

Bought on Saturday and arrived today. The new DW-291, the worthy successor of the DW-290 (the famous "Mission Impossible"-watch that Tom Cruise wore in the 1st movie of the franchise). Like the DW-290 (and unlike other watches from the "Casio Collection"-line-up, as they are called in Germany) it has a 200m rating and a mineral crystal. Great design and super legible with the amber display. Only the strap is a bit flimsy but I might exchange it for a velcro from an AW-80.
    Yeah the strap is the only thing I don’t like about it. Will be interested to see what it looks like on the Velcro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Yeah the strap is the only thing I don’t like about it. Will be interested to see what it looks like on the Velcro
    It will probably take a few days till it gets here. I ordered it from a Bulgarian ebay shop where I've bought one before.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Genuine-...72.m2749.l2649
    Cheers, Sedi

6. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-SNIP-

Bought on Saturday and arrived today. The new DW-291, the worthy successor of the DW-290 (the famous "Mission Impossible"-watch that Tom Cruise wore in the 1st movie of the franchise). Like the DW-290 (and unlike other watches from the "Casio Collection"-line-up, as they are called in Germany) it has a 200m rating and a mineral crystal. Great design and super legible with the amber display. Only the strap is a bit flimsy but I might exchange it for a velcro from an AW-80.
    For an old school digital watch nerd like myself, this looks to be a “must have”. Priced here at around US $30.

8. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I know Panerais aren’t big (pun intended) around these parts. But this just arrived. 42mm.

Oh, I don't know, there are several of us that like them. 42mm is a good size--congrats!

10. Likes Sedi, Samanator, litlmn liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    For an old school digital watch nerd like myself, this looks to be a “must have”. Priced here at around US $30.

For the price, I think it's a no-brainer. The pictures that Greg and "whatmeworry" posted, pushed me over the edge - I had it on my wish list since it was released. I like the design even more than the original but it lost some of the quirkiness.
    Cheers, Sedi

12. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    It will probably take a few days till it gets here. I ordered it from a Bulgarian ebay shop where I've bought one before.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Genuine-...72.m2749.l2649
    Having looked on eBay UK it might actually be cheaper for me to buy an AW80!

14. Likes Sedi liked this post
    For the price, I think it's a no-brainer. The pictures that Greg and "whatmeworry" posted, pushed me over the edge - I had it on my wish list since it was released. I like the design even more than the original but it lost some of the quirkiness.
    Agreed. The bizarre shape of the original has real charm

16. Likes Sedi liked this post
    I know Panerais aren’t big (pun intended) around these parts. But this just arrived. 42mm.

There is always a soft spot for Panerai for me. Congrats!
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

18. Likes litlmn liked this post
    Congrats on the new arrival.

I like them, I have looked at the 38, 40, and 42mm cased references a lot.