Likes Likes:  27,378
Page 629 of 1194 FirstFirst ... 1295295796196276286296306316396797291129 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 11934

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    No April Fools here, USPS raced this one coast to coast.

Thanks, Robert!

-- Wayne
    That was fast. Congrats, Wayne.

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Rob called and said the Omega distribution center was closed today. The Bond SMP300 were suppose to show up at dealers this week. Now that will not be happening. I was shocked they would have been opened until now.

While it would be nice to get something, it’s best that things get contained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    True. I was hoping to have my Lange AC back from Germany by now. I’m not even calling to check in the status...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to try this as an alternative to my Apple Watch for running. Only things that I use on the Apple that it can’t do is send text,and make or receive calls. Apple still better over all if I want to keep my phone in a safe place while I work. This will not have the battery time issues of the Apple.

The new G-Shock GBD-H1000-1A7 connected runner watch with GPS and Tough Solar. Quite a lot for under$400. Also available in all black. The white matches the scheme on my Apple Watch.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes Greg, mlcor, CFR, JAGtime, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    True. I was hoping to have my Lange AC back from Germany by now. I’m not even calling to check in the status...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feeling the same way about my Zodiac White Wolf. I figure when things are back to normal I'll hear about it's status.

Hope you are all keeping safe my friends , just picked this 80,s Tag 2000 , real vintage looks with the two tone , I got it really cheaply because the seller thought maybe it wouldn't reach any where near normal pricing because of the discolouration on the dial , actually the dial is that speckled finish so on the wrist it's kinda not obvious and the darkening of the hands to almost black simply make it very legible , the case , bracelet , glass are pristine , keeps great time , seconds hit the markers perfectly , really pleased , I have a lovely leather on a tag clasp but kinds like it on the bracelet for now this will take me to three Tags and a Heur ! Must confess they are very nice watches at really nice outlay , ithink from my experience speckled dial s tend to have a problem with discolouring for some reason , but I will live with it , it's almost it's own vintage character
    Name:  20200405_152703.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  55.4 KB
    Name:  20200405_152226.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  28.3 KBName:  20200405_152206.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  43.8 KB

I’ve been back and forth on this one over the weekend. My try of the Padi Turtle was not successful. I hated it for the mixed match finish between the bracelet and the case, and the standard Seiko strap did not center on my wrist while the long end hung up over the bezel. I found this new King Turtle at 51% of retail BNIB, and ordered 3 other aftermarket straps for it if this one is as ridiculously long as the Padi one. The King Turtle has a Sapphire crystal with cyclops from Seiko, new bezel with ceramic insert, waffle dial and a different second hand. One of my watch text chat buddies has been singing the praises of this one for two weeks. Never have I wanted a watch to fit me as much as the Turtle. It’s my second most favorite vintage Seiko watch case only bested by mySLA033. Let's hope this lives up to the hype. Shouldn't turtles be green or brown anyway?

Last edited by Samanator; Apr 6, 2020 at 02:46 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Eeny meeny niny moe

Attachment 95576Attachment 95577

might have to wait
    Ordered

10. Likes Greg, rodia77, hayday liked this post

Because everyone needs something in their house beginning with Z..

.. a zither from Belarus
    Thought it would be good to make some music without driving the neighbours insane (I’m more of a wind girl normally)

Chromatic tuning, so easy to sound good :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

I liked my Citizen Eco Drive Stiletto so much I bought one for my wife too. It's a little big on her, but still looks good. She's not a WIS, but has discovered she really likes simple Vacheron dress watches. I agree.

Plastic on dial hasn't been removed yet.

Last edited by gnuyork; Apr 7, 2020 at 04:11 PM.

King turtle arrived today. It is exactly what I hoped the Padi would be. Nice finish on the SS pieces, sapphire crystal is very nice, ceramic bezel insert with a reshaped metal piece has a near diamond sparkle on the bevels, and the dial looks fantastic. That this strap is perfect in size and softness, and the hardware on it is equal to my SLA033 (which is a $4300 watch) makes me think the one that came with the Padi was the wrong strap. This is still an awesome deal at full retail, so I'm very happy getting their last one at a great discount. Now I have the turtle case in the appropriate color (for a turtle) in my collection. This will be my WRUW watch tomorrow.

Cheers,

Michael