Likes Likes:  27,454
Page 718 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 11978

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    First I need to learn if I would go to Rolex Prison for swapping bracelets out for straps.

Never mind that - you would make iyonk a very happy man.

2. Likes wschofield3, skywatch, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Congratulations! A lovely thing. If I were to buy a modern Rolex, this would be the one.
    First I need to learn if I would go to Rolex Prison for swapping bracelets out for straps.
    The thing about the Explorer it looks great on just about anything. My favorite combo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Thanks, and Muhammad says hello!
    I gotta stop by someday and say hello.
    Cheers,

Richard

5. Likes wschofield3 liked this post

That Explorer is about my favorite Rolex. My only beef with it is the same as my general complaint against Grand Seiko—it’s just too much of a generalist and I like my more specialized (read: goofy) choices.

And I’m addicted to my unique buying opportunities, which goes along with being further out in the tail of the distribution.

Rick “who’d never wear that Explorer with an Overseas next to it in the box” Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

8. Likes wschofield3, Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    That Explorer is about my favorite Rolex. My only beef with it is the same as my general complaint against Grand Seiko—it’s just too much of a generalist and I like my more specialized (read: goofy) choices.

And I’m addicted to my unique buying opportunities, which goes along with being further out in the tail of the distribution.

Rick “who’d never wear that Explorer with an Overseas next to it in the box” Denney
    Your choices are anything but goofy - and, sorry to say, the VC is gone but certainly not forgotten - I sold it just before the pandemic hit. My final consolidation is coming in 2021 and the VC may very well be re-purchased. I miss that one the most.

10. Likes Cybotron, Rdenney liked this post
    Nothing as desirable as the previous aquisition, but I've just nipped out to pick these up:

Name:  bitset.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  228.9 KB

Many swear by DeWalt power tools, but I've always been a Makita fan and all but one of my power tools are Makita. Nothing against DeWalt, I just prefer the feel of Makita kit.
    However: When it comes to driver bits and adapters, Makita 'can't touch' DeWalt (imo); so when these came up in a half price sale, I grabbed 'em.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Received the call from the AD yesterday -

Attachment 101638
    I've been waiting on this post since we talked. Very happy for you. Congratulations!
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    The thing about the Explorer it looks great on just about anything. My favorite combo.
    Is that a Rubber B Richard? Looks great!
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

15. Likes Cybotron, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Is that a Rubber B Richard? Looks great!
    Thanks Michael. It's an Everest. I really like it myself. Super comfortable.
    Cheers,

Richard

17. Likes wschofield3, Samanator liked this post