Likes Likes:  15,822
Page 668 of 696 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 6959

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Baseball returns in three weeks. Iíll be ready. Itís technically a youth watch; 38mm.

Name:  IMG_1007.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  71.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The pessimist says it can't get any worse while the optimist says it can.

2. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Baseball returns in three weeks.

Behind closed doors?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Behind closed doors?
    In a bubble, basically. No fans, limited schedule with teams playing in only three states, and playing geographically close teams rather than the usual league alignment. I have to say, I think there's a real chance it doesn't happen if too many players get sick over the next few weeks while they are practicing in advance of the shortened season starting.

And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Interesting that they don't include the AUTO LED feature anymore. I gotta check if my EQB-900 still has that as it seems to have a slightly similar movement. I love the 12 hr dial with the little AM/PM indicator as it makes the stopwatch very intuitive to read. I am guessing it is used for the stopwatch, too, on the Froggy, apart from a second time zone on the homescreen?
    ... I just checked, my EQB-900 doesn't have AUTO illumination either. I never noticed since I never use that feature. It is however present on the ana-digi GR-B100 which also has BT. But on the GR-B100 you can use every single setting on the watch itself without even needing the BT which is just a nice extra on top. On the EQB-900 I cannot change the DST-setting for instance, without using the app. Gotta go check the ECB-900 now (considering I am not a fan of the BT-feature, I have quite a number of Casios that have it. lol).
    edit: I checked and the ECB-900 still has AUTO illumination. So I guess they still include it on the ana-digis but not on the analog models with illumination. But the fact alone that they are making an all analog watch with solar and illumination is nice I think.
    another edit: fun fact -- I need three different apps to connect to three different BT-Casios. Actually I would need a fourth one, if I still used my GB-6900B.
    My connected Gravity Master has the tip to light and it is Ani/Digital so I donít think you can make any real assumptions to their thinking other than its random. Based on the small sampling here I seem to be the the only one that misses it. I never like pushing a button to light the watch even when I was a kid. Conventional watch with lume always seemed more natural to tip your wrist to read. Also Iím a person that needs to be doing things. So having a free hand ( or a clean hand) to push a button was not something that was likely to be the case. I think that was why I adapted to the Riseman so well, but never quite jelled with the Suunto Core with push to light ( even though I feel it is more logically set up then any G). The tip to light works like a normal watch so it is not something I have to learn. Those that came up more digital and watches with menus and modes I can see liking the button.

BTW the lume is not that great or it did not get charged as much as I thought. Since Iím a dive watch guy rating it on a scale of Tudor Pelagius being the best and Longines Legend Diver being the other end this is just a hair above the LLD. Seems like it should be better. Let me see with more wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Jul 2, 2020 at 12:11 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    In a bubble, basically. No fans, limited schedule with teams playing in only three states, and playing geographically close teams rather than the usual league alignment. I have to say, I think there's a real chance it doesn't happen if too many players get sick over the next few weeks while they are practicing in advance of the shortened season starting.
    Yeah, I’ll believe it when the first pitch is thrown but for now I’m cautiously optimistic. Either way, I like the new watch, even though it doesn’t have Indiglo.

The pessimist says it can't get any worse while the optimist says it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    My connected Gravity Master has the tip to light and it is Ani/Digital so I donít think you can make any real assumptions to their thinking other than its random.
    But that would be in line with my observation that the ana-digis have it and the purely analog ones don't. Might be because of the different button configuration. Who knows. Or because of the digital part that cannot be seen in the dark at all, while the analog ones have lume (however poorly applied - but there are some Casios with great lume, like my EQW-M1000).
    On my EQB-900 the contrast of the hands is so good that I barely ever need the illumination. Only in complete darkness.
    Cheers, Sedi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    It's not going to happen unless the players give up salary, which I don't see happening. Without ticket and concession revenue, there's no way they're going to want to pay full salaries.

I wouldn't hold your breath on baseball.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I had AUTO EL on a few G-Shocks. Turned it off on all of them.
    Me as well. The novelty wore off quickly. Except for some narrow circumstances which I have not been in and donít expect to be in, I donít much see the point. EL doesnít last forever and neither does battery life. I dinít need EL flashing unbidden periodically.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Baseball returns in three weeks. Iíll be ready. Itís technically a youth watch; 38mm.

Name:  IMG_1007.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  71.1 KB

Looks like a nice Timex except for the weird footwear logo.

12. Likes hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It's not going to happen unless the players give up salary, which I don't see happening. Without ticket and concession revenue, there's no way they're going to want to pay full salaries.

I wouldn't hold your breath on baseball.
    I could be wrong, but my reading of the situation is that MLB exercised its right to impose a schedule (60 games starting late July). Both sides retain the right to pursue grievances, presumably including money, but I havenít seen anything since this was announced suggesting the players may strike.