Likes Likes:  27,445
Page 1089 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 895899891039107910871088108910901091109911391189 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,890 of 11973

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    According to the seller 190g but that certainly includes the bracelet. I intend to wear it on a Nato which should reduce the weight. Not sure, when they will arrive, I hope on Saturday if I'm lucky.
    Just checked how heavy my NB6004 is, which is also Ti. It's 93 gr on a 24mm Nato. My guess would be that the BY2000 will also be below 100gr without the bracelet.

Not bad at all for a chunky, legible diver!! Enjoy@

2. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Congrats. Is that your first GS?
    Thanks, it’s my second. I had the quartz gmt SBGN003, same as Alan. It was perfect travel watch, but always lost wrist time to my Sub and Speedy. Nothing wrong with the watch at all, I just gravitated towards more wrist presence.

Anyway GS left so positive impression, that I wanted to get another. This time desided to go more dressy, since imo it suits GS better. I really wanted SBGW231 (I’m with Alan on this one too), but carefree quartz made more sense in rotation. I would have loved a gmt with 44GS case, but jumping hour hand will do for now.

Dial colour was the last point. Black with black date looks very clean, but I wanted something else. Silver dial had legibility issues, so I went for sunburst blue with white date. Not a bad combination in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Thanks, it’s my second. I had the quartz gmt SBGN003, same as Alan. It was perfect travel watch, but always lost wrist time to my Sub and Speedy. Nothing wrong with the watch at all, I just gravitated towards more wrist presence.

Anyway GS left so positive impression, that I wanted to get another. This time desided to go more dressy, since imo it suits GS better. I really wanted SBGW231 (I’m with Alan on this one too), but carefree quartz made more sense in rotation. I would have loved a gmt with 44GS case, but jumping hour hand will do for now.

Dial colour was the last point. Black with black date looks very clean, but I wanted something else. Silver dial had legibility issues, so I went for sunburst blue with white date. Not a bad combination in my opinion.

It’s really nice, I like the 44GS case and you can’t beat the 9F movement.

5. Likes Fantasio, Mediocre liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The pandemic and working from home have pushed me even further toward the dive/field/pilot aesthetic that I've always been drawn to. Lately, though, I've been craving slightly "dressier" styles. The sale price on this one pushed me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    The pandemic and working from home have pushed me even further toward the dive/field/pilot aesthetic that I've always been drawn to. Lately, though, I've been craving slightly "dressier" styles. The sale price on this one pushed me over the edge.

Nice score. I saw these and thought the price was really good.

8. Likes Kronos, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Not bad at all for a chunky, legible diver!! Enjoy@
    It arrived and I put it on a Nato -- it weighs in at exactly 60 gr!
    A really nice watch and smaller than I thought.
    I am a bit annoyed however as it was sold as BNIB but it looks like a returned item. A lot of tiny scratches on the bezel, even a small one on the back and the Ti-bracelet (which I am not gonna wear anyway) also looks worn -- it definitely has desk-diving sratches on the clasp.
    The whole watch looks like it was worn for maybe 2 weeks and then sent back and the seller didn't really check for scratches or simply lied in the description. It might even have been worn for longer as the seller has a 30-day return policy. I didn't expect that as the seller had way over 1,000 feedback with an impeccable 100% score.
    So I will give him the benefit of the doubt and think he didn't check properly.
    Another thing I noticed -- someone (probably the seller) had messed with the reference position of the hands. I did a manual reception and the watch was off. I checked the reference position and the watch was set to "8 past 10" like you would for a picture. Obviously someone didn't read the manual, just messed with the buttons to set it and ended up changing the reference position. Maybe that was also the reason why it was returned. I hate it, when sellers mess with watches or set them (even when they set them correctly) before shipping. I like to do that myself.
    Most horrible experience in that regard -- I once bought a GX-56 G-Shock in a local store and the female salesperson started pressing the buttons with her fingernails because she wanted to adjust the watch! On the GX-56 the buttons are covered with resin and one could easily split that cover with a fingernail! I was horrified and told her to stop.
    Well, all that being said, I still love the watch and considering it once had an MSRP of 695€ and I got it for 379, I will just keep it.
    Last edited by Sedi; Feb 6, 2023 at 08:18 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

Some more pics:

Cheers, Sedi

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Some more pics:

It was made for that Nato!

12. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Congrats on the watch @Sedi and sorry to hear about the buying experience. Looking better in your pics than the stock ones, so there's that.

14. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    It was made for that Nato!
    Works pretty well with the white elements on the bezel and dial. And I just used it, because I don't often wear the watch that was originally on this strap. But I think I'll keep it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Congrats on the watch @Sedi and sorry to hear about the buying experience. Looking better in your pics than the stock ones, so there's that.
    Thanks! Yeah, well, I would probably also have bought it for the price if they had advertised it correctly. The small scratches on the bezel are only visible against the light. Makes me wonder though, what type of coating it is. Certainly no ceramic bezel. Probably more like some normal PVD-coating.
    I would never have paid the full price for it anyhow. Opposed to most Citizens, I think 695€ MSRP was a bit overpriced. especially considering that it is not even multiband but just receives the German signal.
    My other radio-controlled Citizens mostly are multi-band. And they were cheaper.
    Some are slightly strange. I have one radio-controlled Citizen that was meant for the UK market -- it does receive the German signal however but NOT, when you set it to a German city code, only when it is set for the UK time zone. So I adjusted the reference position of the hour hand one hour forward -- and now it can receive the German signal and UK signal.
    Strange, how Citizen implements that feature sometimes. Casio is more user-friendly in that regard but they don't sell a radio-controlled dive watch. If I see it correctly, Citizen is the only watch maker that even offers radio-controlled dive watches.
    Cheers, Sedi

16. Likes rodia77 liked this post