Likes Likes:  27,340
Page 595 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 954955455855935945955965976056456951095 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 11907

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Four more hours...

Name:  CFBEF29B-0E67-4FBC-ACFF-89B803ECD131.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  51.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Four more hours...

Name:  CFBEF29B-0E67-4FBC-ACFF-89B803ECD131.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  51.6 KB
    You know, cardboard boxes are an excellent retainer of cold air. You should open it and let it escape.

3. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato View Post
    You know, cardboard boxes are an excellent retainer of cold air. You should open it and let it escape.
    Good point!

EDIT: They did a hellacious wrapping job, the entire guitar case is surrounded with massive heavy duty air-filled wrap. Feels fine inside. Still gonna wait, though.
    Last edited by mlcor; Jan 24, 2020 at 05:16 PM.

Is this guitar like a rolex, a Hamilton, a grand seiko or a patek?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes Dimman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Is this guitar like a rolex, a Hamilton, a grand seiko or a patek?

Probably more like an Omega.

Except, most Omegas are very versatile--this guitar isn't, it's more of a one or two trick pony (12 string guitars aren't made to be versatile). But for those one or two tricks, nothing else sounds like one.

Price-wise, it's not particularly expensive for a professional quality guitar (less than $2500). I have a Rickenbacker six string and one of their basses (all lefty, of course), and their build quality is superb. I waited over five years for them to make some of the six string models so I could get one, and a couple more for the bass. This one is much rarer--they might not build any more until I'm too old to play!

8. Likes geoffbot, OhDark30, Greg liked this post
    Thanks - I know next to nothing about guitars so the lesson was useful. I can't play at all, but I get that they're lovely things craftsmanship-wise though for sure.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

10. Likes mlcor liked this post
    It’ll sound like The Byrds, or Tom Petty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So... you up to speed on Eight Miles High?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    So... you up to speed on Eight Miles High?
    Not really but as I recall there's only about four chords...

And what did you buy today ?

Probably more like an Omega.

Except, most Omegas are very versatile--this guitar isn't, it's more of a one or two trick pony (12 string guitars aren't made to be versatile). But for those one or two tricks, nothing else sounds like one.

Price-wise, it's not particularly expensive for a professional quality guitar (less than $2500). I have a Rickenbacker six string and one of their basses (all lefty, of course), and their build quality is superb. I waited over five years for them to make some of the six string models so I could get one, and a couple more for the bass. This one is much rarer--they might not build any more until I'm too old to play!
    Rickenbacker May be like Omega, but this would be the 30-piece limited edition Speedmaster Destro (which doesn’t actually exist).

My Fender is like a first-year Cadillac Northstar. Very competent, but artistic only in the American sense (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

My best tuba is like a Mercedes S-Class, but the special AMG version.

I have a tuba that’s like a Melkus—a 70’s hot rod made in East Germany from Trabant parts and a lot of hand work.

Another one is a a 1966 Sedan de Ville, with the big block that was to become the Cadillac 500.

Then there’s the Yamaha tuba that’s like a Nissan 280z—Japanese reliability meets British sports car design roots.

And so on. This could get ugly.

Rick “shutting up now” Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Looks and plays beautifully.

Name:  E29A3792-2B88-41E3-B9D3-274C4F277F8B.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  91.3 KB

Tight quarters for string changes, though.

Name:  2C26C98B-3548-46A4-AF5F-6D8438DEBAA3.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  55.4 KB