Likes Likes:  27,269
Page 779 of 1188 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789829879 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 11875

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

So far I haven't ordered this, really don't need yet another T-shirt. But it just looks so much fun.

https://store.ablogtowatch.com/colle...ogical-apparel

Would be appropriate for @CFR, @geoffbot and @Raza too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    So far I haven't ordered this, really don't need yet another T-shirt. But it just looks so much fun.

https://store.ablogtowatch.com/colle...ogical-apparel

Would be appropriate for @CFR
    ...looks like a homage...not sure.

3. Likes Fantasio, theague liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    And after spending two full days on downloading and configuring stuff, I noticed a stuck pixel today, and so back it goes to the US... the whole thing, not just the pixel.

The silver lining is that I can use whichever carrier I want and I will be refunded the cost of shipment no probs. No complications with import charges, either, and they're not waiting with shipping the replacement until they get the defective item back.

And after spending two full days on downloading and configuring stuff, I noticed a stuck pixel today, and so back .
    Well that bites!

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

6. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    And after spending two full days on downloading and configuring stuff, I noticed a stuck pixel today, and so back it goes to the US... the whole thing, not just the pixel.

The silver lining is that I can use whichever carrier I want and I will be refunded the cost of shipment no probs. No complications with import charges, either, and they're not waiting with shipping the replacement until they get the defective item back.
    Are you sure it's not only a speck of dust on the dial?

Now seriously: not cool.

8. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Well, I haven't been following the trends, but some time ago a single dead pixel wouldn't be recognised as a reason for warranty claim by most manufacturers, so in that sense I'm lucky. When I started talking to the support I said I wanted a replacement, and I didn't want to confuse myself and them later on by changing requests, so I followed it through, but I wouldn't have a problem with accepting 50% refund and keeping the laptop -- I'd save myself a lot of hassle and at that price I wouldn't mind just knowing the pixel is there, as functionally it's rather insignificant. But oh well.

I think exchanging the unit is the better option. If you agree to settle for 50% back now what happens if a 2nd hot or dead pixel appears later.

The fact that they would prefer to exchange the unit rather than refund 50% shows what option is cheaper for them. Think about that for awhile.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

11. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    There wasn't any talk of that 50%, it was my thoughts only. I went straight for the replacement, and they agreed with no objections.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  46.5 KB
    I keep thinking I should get one, but the superstitious side of me feels like that’s a guarantee I’ll get Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk