Likes Likes:  27,447
Page 422 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 11975

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    It has those colors. The whole watch is meant as a tribute to Mt. Iwate, which the GS watchmakers can see from their studio windows. The burgundy dial represents how the mountain looks during sunrise and the rotor is meant to convey the different shades of color in the sky at dawn.
    That’s really cool.

And welcome back!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes ck1109 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ooh cheeky. Out on general release yet?
    Thank you sir . . . not sure on your question but I'm glad I'm one of the first recipients

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Thank you sir . . . not sure on your question but I'm glad I'm one of the first recipients
    Time for dueling serial numbers. Mine says A:0056. Who has the earliest one?
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

6. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    It has those colors. The whole watch is meant as a tribute to Mt. Iwate, which the GS watchmakers can see from their studio windows. The burgundy dial represents how the mountain looks during sunrise and the rotor is meant to convey the different shades of color in the sky at dawn.
    I remember the 1st time I read an article and saw that rotor and just thought wow! I would love to see a dial done like that. Congrats on all the amazing pickups.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tisell Marine Diver fresh out the USPS box today!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9. Likes rodia77, uchinanchu, stew77, FSM71, G07 liked this post
    I will just leave this here....

I will just leave this here....

Oh no you don’t!!

Did you really get one? I’ve seen several models in real life, and have always thought they were cool and innovative. But the ones I liked the most (the liquid filled ones) wore really big, and were really expensive for something I knew would be a novelty for me and therefore not worn often enough.

So, if you bought it, we need the full scoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes ck1109, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Oh no you don’t!!

Did you really get one? I’ve seen several models in real life, and have always thought they were cool and innovative. But the ones I liked the most (the liquid filled ones) wore really big, and were really expensive for something I knew would be a novelty for me and therefore not worn often enough.

So, if you bought it, we need the full scoop.

Yes, I did....

Ressence is one of my favorite independent brands. I nearly bought one last year, but everything other than the Type 1 was too big for my wrists. None of the case types of the Type 1 was comfortable so I passed.

Fast forward to today, I was at the AD trying out different watches....and while we were talking, he bought this one out, the newly released Type 1s (slim) from sihh 2019. I tried it on and it fit nicely!! It's still 42mm, but the case shape, thinness and Ti make it very easy to wear.

He gave me a great deal and I really couldn't say no to Serial #1

Yes, I did....

Ressence is one of my favorite independent brands. I nearly bought one last year, but everything other than the Type 1 was too big for my wrists. None of the case types of the Type 1 was comfortable so I passed.

Fast forward to today, I was at the AD trying out different watches....and while we were talking, he bought this one out, the newly released Type 1s (slim) from sihh 2019. I tried it on and it fit nicely!! It's still 42mm, but the case shape, thinness and Ti make it very easy to wear.

Well, big congratulations!! I will always have a weak spot for a brand that truly does something unique, and Ressence definitely qualifies.

15. Likes ck1109 liked this post
    Yes, I did....

That's incredible!!! I love the unique design of those Ressence models. I have yet to see one in real life (which is probably a good thing as I wouldn't be able to get it out of my head if it fit well), but they look incredible. The setting mechanism is also very cool. I can't wait to hear your impressions and see more photos.

17. Likes ck1109 liked this post