Likes Likes:  27,340
Page 1093 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 93593993104310831091109210931094109511031143 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,930 of 11907

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

I don’t know how Seiko distinguishes between Pulsar, Lorus and Alba, but it might be to do with small differences in international markets. I can imagine that any of these sub-brands could be rationalised out of existence, but if they’ve gained a small foothold somewhere, they continue. Lorus is probably the commonest in Europe, and they’re in the super-budget category.

2. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I don’t know how Seiko distinguishes between Pulsar, Lorus and Alba, but it might be to do with small differences in international markets. I can imagine that any of these sub-brands could be rationalised out of existence, but if they’ve gained a small foothold somewhere, they continue. Lorus is probably the commonest in Europe, and they’re in the super-budget category.
    One of the Seiko sub brands was already discontinued, J.Springs. Interestingly enough - the 7S26 they used has the same number in the Lorus as it did in the J.Springs models, Y676.
    I always thought the 7S26 was discontinued but it seems it's still being produced for these sub brands.
    And it's actually running more stable than the 4R36.
    Cheers, Sedi

4. Likes rodia77, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Some straps .... well

The last Horween was a little too padded , hope the new's flat , and no taper.
    Grey ,nightmare , far too off t'interweb pics.
    18 , why do so many taper .... we'll see

6. Likes Mediocre, rodia77 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Some straps .... well

The last Horween was a little too padded , hope the new's flat , and no taper.
    Grey ,nightmare , far too off t'interweb pics.
    18 , why do so many taper .... we'll see
    Best of luck, report upon arrival!

8. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    I’m half thinking of this one for my blue Black Bay 58 -

Name:  C8E758C9-193E-4744-A4FA-DFF1EB7B7CAE.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  310.2 KB

Not cheap, though. £125, but other straps from The Strap Tailor have been worth the money.

10. Likes skywatch, hayday liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I’m half thinking of this one for my blue Black Bay 58 -

Name:  C8E758C9-193E-4744-A4FA-DFF1EB7B7CAE.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  310.2 KB

Not cheap, though. £125, but other straps from The Strap Tailor have been worth the money.

Is the grain that design, or is it pressed in? I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Is the grain that design, or is it pressed in? I like it

It’s pressed in. Calf and cowhide grain usually is pressed in, even if it looks natural. The Strap Tailor calls it a ‘Russian Hatch’ pattern, but some would call it ‘Saffiano’. Strictly speaking, ‘Saffiano’ should refer to leather made in Italy by Prada, because they came up with the technique more than a hundred years ago. It became very fashionable.

The leather used by The Strap Tailor comes from the Horween tannery in Chicago, which is pretty high quality too.

Savagely Average
    It’s pressed in. Calf and cowhide grain usually is pressed in, even if it looks natural. The Strap Tailor calls it a ‘Russian Hatch’ pattern, but some would call it ‘Saffiano’. Strictly speaking, ‘Saffiano’ should refer to leather made in Italy by Prada, because they came up with the technique more than a hundred years ago. It became very fashionable.

The leather used by The Strap Tailor comes from the Horween tannery in Chicago, which is pretty high quality too.
    Many thanks for the thorough answer, seriously appreciated.

Now to look into Strap Tailor!

New arrival. Good for the ~$300 usd; compact, ceramic bezel, PT5000 movement seems to be keeping about +8spd so far. Wears large and small at the same time. The case is flat with long lugs but a small dial. Compared to my wife’s 38mm BP it looks smaller but feels bigger on the wrist.

Nice shade of blue, a slight sunburst dial.

15. Likes geoffbot, tribe125, Mediocre, mlcor, hayday liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    New arrival. Good for the ~$300 usd; compact, ceramic bezel, PT5000 movement seems to be keeping about +8spd so far. Wears large and small at the same time. The case is flat with long lugs but a small dial. Compared to my wife’s 38mm BP it looks smaller but feels bigger on the wrist.

Nice shade of blue, a slight sunburst dial.

The relatively large numerals + hand design make it appear such a different size vs the BP! Looks like a good buy for $300!

17. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post