Likes Likes:  27,269
Page 2 of 1188 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

I know we got the unusually dive watch thread in the dive forum wonder if we got an old dive watch thread
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes watchdaddy1, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    nice 70's diver mate
    Thanks my friend

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Thanks my friend

no thank you mate love me an old diver got a few
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Really nice William. I quite like that, especially for less than fifty beans.

I bought a cheap new tripod today. Also earlier this week I bought a dive-y watch, but I'm not telling what it is until it lands.

7. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    woohoooo another incoming

Racine by Gallet

Last edited by watchdaddy1; Mar 11, 2016 at 01:02 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

another lovely you you do seem to be having some good lucky lately I have being snipe a lot at the minute

very nice got some age what ? 50's / 60's from the look and the hands ? does it tick looks well regulated if it does could be a little darling what movement is it ?

what size looks 36mm or 38mm ?
    Last edited by is that my watch; Mar 11, 2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling/gramar
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

some history for you and those that enjoy that sort of thing

Gallet is a historical Swiss manufacturer of high-end timepieces for professional, military, sports, racing, and aviation use.

Gallet [pronunciation: gal-ey / 'gæl.e?] is the world’s oldest watch and clock making house with history dating back to Humbertus Gallet, a clock maker who became a citizen of Geneva in 1466. The Gallet & Cie (Gallet & Company) name was officially registered by Julien Gallet (1806–1849) in 1826,who moved the family business from Geneva to La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Prior to this date, operations commenced under the name of each of the Gallet family patriarchs.

Gallet is best known during the 20th century to the present day for its line of MultiChron chronograph wristwatches. Produced primarily for military, industrial, and other professional applications, Gallet’s MultiChron watches often incorporated a number of advanced timekeeping innovations.

A Gallet timepiece of particular renown was the Flight Officer time zone chronograph. Commissioned by Senator Harry S. Truman in 1939 for pilots of the United States Army Air Forces, the Flight Officer (a.k.a. Flying Officer) had a rotating 12-hour bezel and the names of 23 major world cities printed on the periphery of the dial (face). These features made it possible to calculate changes in the time as an aviator flew across lines of longitude. Besides being the first time zone calculating wristwatch, the Flight Officer was the first wristwatch with a rotating bezel and one of the world’s first wrist chronographs to be housed in a water resistant case. Truman wore a Gallet Flight Officer during his terms as 33rd president (1945–1953).
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes watchdaddy1, ljb187, Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    another lovely you you do seem to be having some good lucky lately I have being snipe a lot at the minute

very nice got some age what ? 50's / 60's from the look and the hands ? does it tick looks well regulated if it does could be a little darling what movement is it ?

what size looks 36mm or 38mm ?
    not sure on any of it, not much in the description, but this
    Vintage Military
    Nice racine 15 jewel watch 15 jewel gallet movement that is running well but could use a good COA clean oil adjust For time... stainless steel case stamped 2570 between the lugs metal dial with applied markers. Swiss under 6.. really cool older leather strap.

on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

not sure on any of it, not much in the description, but this
    Vintage Military
    Nice racine 15 jewel watch 15 jewel gallet movement that is running well but could use a good COA clean oil adjust For time... stainless steel case stamped 2570 between the lugs metal dial with applied markers. Swiss under 6.. really cool older leather strap.

I like it. looked in to it they seem to have a few hand designs.. but that hands seem to be popular on pocket watch wonder if a conversion at some point not that it is a bad thing worth looking in to for just the cool factor
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    woohoooo another incoming

Racine by Gallet

That is a very nice piece of history you have there, William.

16. Likes JAGtime, watchdaddy1 liked this post