Likes Likes:  27,413
Page 447 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547947 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 11953

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Thanks, ml! I think my distaste for deployants must be a personal quirk. Most people seem to love them. I think my wrist is round-ish and my hands might be relatively thick in comparison to the strap. I feel like those old vaudeville routines where the clown tries to unfold a ladder and gets completely tangled up inside of it. The butterfly deployants work much better for me, because they are symmetrical and widen a bit more. To each their poison.
    For the deployants if they are done right like Omegas they are better than any bracelet for comfort. I’m kind of the opposite that I can’t stand the butterfly on either deployant or bracelet. They really do not open up anymore than a proper length trifold. I suffer from the round wrist hand thing also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 8, 2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    This showed up today and I am very happy with it. The Horween strap was beautiful, supple oiled leather, but unfortunately it is designed to fit the deployant buckle, which I don't like one bit (it's the single-fold variety that always pinches and doesn't widen enough to fit over my hands.) So for now I have a decent dark gray/ "light black" tropic that fits the watch perfectly. I'll ponder iyonkification, though (I have a light brown iyonk that fits, but I decided black/dark gray suits the watch better.)

The hand and marker colors are interesting. The markers are anodized, but the hands appear heat treated. They are both a very similar shade of indigo "deep blue towards blurple" but the hands shift to charcoal at certain light angles. Over all though, the dial is clean and very readable - my main concern with meteorite. I would prefer if it had a 60-minute track somewhere, but I finer markers would probably clutter up the design a bit, so I'm OK without. At 40mm x 11mm thick, it fits me perfectly. Yay!

I really like the white (silver?) trim around the meteorite dial. That looks great. Enjoy!
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Arrived today a new mechanical that I plan to wear to work. The newer model Hamilton Khaki homage to their 1969 "Hack" watch with faux patina lume on the hands. Been looking at this one and the mkii Crucible. Finally decided on this one due to it's bead blasted finish. Chris (stew77) pointed out this detail to me and makes sense that this finish wont scratch as easily as the brushed finish on the crucible. It's going to be a work watch so a few scratches are to be expected.

38mm with 20mm lug width. The stock strap is ok and I have several iyonk straps that will fit including the one piece strap he made for my VSA. The drilled lug holes are at the end of the lugs leaving plenty of room to install and remove one piece straps without having to remove the springbars.

This model h69429931 has the eta 2801-2 hand wind, no date movement.

Attachment 84882 Attachment 84883 Attachment 84884 Attachment 84885

I love that. That is just fantastic.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    For the trifold if they are done right like Omegas they are better than any bracelet for comfort.

That's interesting, because when I mentioned the exceptions, I was actually thinking on the Omega deployants; for some reason, those are extremely comfortable and I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    That's interesting, because when I mentioned the exceptions, I was actually thinking on the Omega deployants; for some reason, those are extremely comfortable and I like them.
    Those are what I’m talking about. Will edit to say deployant.

Cheers,

Michael

Blog Entries
    Omega deployants are quite nice, yes, For leather, I don't care much one way or the other about clasp v. buckle, but I am not a fan of the butterfly style deployant. I avoid those as much as possible.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

10. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Omega deployants are quite nice, yes, For leather, I don't care much one way or the other about clasp v. buckle, but I am not a fan of the butterfly style deployant. I avoid those as much as possible.
    Totally agree with everything you said here. That may be a first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

12. Likes Raza liked this post
    Samanator I would like to see that GS deployant opened. Do you have that photo?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Another new incoming....I should stop calling Rob

well I bought this and not sure why where to start hmmm ladies ,faulty ,none original faulty bracelet, is a start.

looks to be a 2205 hi-beat .. if mans then well worth a punt but as ladies not sure why I did
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

16. Likes rodia77, Greg, ck1109 liked this post