Likes Likes:  27,403
Page 631 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 1315315816216296306316326336416817311131 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 11944

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    That's a pretty awesome "beginner guitar" considering how many classic albums were recorded with them.
    I know nothing about guitars, but from what I've read Squire is the Tudor to Fender's Rolex.

2. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Have loved these from my local Korean supermarket so much I’ve got some seeds inbound from China to grow on the allotment:

Choy sum: tender, spinachy, mineral rich

Garlic chives: the best of several worlds.
    40cm long spring onions that taste of garlic
    And grow up to leek size if you leave them in the ground

Plus, love the branding :-)
    do you grow any flowers ? as it's a good way to keep slugs off your veg ? begonias seem like catnip to them ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I know nothing about guitars, but from what I've read Squire is the Tudor to Fender's Rolex.
    Actually, Fender has more layers:

1. Custom Shop
    2. "Vintage" reissues and "relics" (intentionally "aged" nonsense)
    3. American Fenders
    4. Mexican Fenders (the ones I've seen are quite good for the price)
    5. Squire

The #4 layer used to be made in Japan--I have one from the '90's and the quality is better than the American ones being made at that time...

5. Likes litlmn liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

1. Custom Shop
    3. American Fenders
    5. Squire

The #4 layer used to be made in Japan--I have one from the '90's and the quality is better than the American ones being made at that time...

Even more layers than this... I have had a lovely Japanese made Fender Fretless jazz bass for almost 30 years now, which I am told is a bit collectible. I also have a Vietnamese-built Fender telecaster with Seymour Duncan humbuckers that my guitar geek friends tell me is garbage. ... but I like it!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

7. Likes litlmn liked this post

1. Custom Shop
    3. American Fenders
    5. Squire

I have two Fender Custom Shop instruments (and one Gibson custom shop) and they look, feel, and sound fantastic. They are very lightly relic'd though. I actually prefer it, I'm not a fan of glossy finishes but also not a fan of huge gaps of missing paint though.

9. Likes mlcor, litlmn, skywatch, Fantasio, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Even more layers than this... I have had a lovely Japanese made Fender Fretless jazz bass for almost 30 years now, which I am told is a bit collectible. I also have a Vietnamese-built Fender telecaster with Seymour Duncan humbuckers that my guitar geek friends tell me is garbage. ... but I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I have two Fender Custom Shop instruments (and one Gibson custom shop) and they look, feel, and sound fantastic. They are very lightly relic'd though. I actually prefer it, I'm not a fan of glossy finishes but also not a fan of huge gaps of missing paint though.
    That's a beauty! I've got a couple of guitars that are probably collectible, including a mint 1969 Telecaster and a 1976 Martin D28. Of course, all my guitars are left handed; I can't imagine finding another Tele like mine in that kind of condition.

I had contacts through work with Gibson, and have visited the Custom Shop in Nashville--quite amazing to see them work by hand, and on WWII era machines. They built a '59 reissue for me that I followed every step of the way, from this:

Name:  Gibson LP 59 Top.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  48.6 KB

To this:

Name:  Gibson LP 59.jpg
Size:  68.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Likes gnuyork, OhDark30, skywatch, JAGtime, Raza liked this post
    That's a beauty! I've got a couple of guitars that are probably collectible, including a mint 1969 Telecaster and a 1976 Martin D28. Of course, all my guitars are left handed; I can't imagine finding another Tele like mine in that kind of condition.

I had contacts through work with Gibson, and have visited the Custom Shop in Nashville--quite amazing to see them work by hand, and on WWII era machines. They built a '59 reissue for me that I followed every step of the way, from this:

Name:  Gibson LP 59 Top.jpg
Size:  48.6 KB

To this:

Nice a 59 is the one to have... though mine is a 56 gold top with P90s... I really like p90s. I'd love a 335 with PAFs one day.

I'm in the process of making my own Esquire (pine body)

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    do you grow any flowers ? as it's a good way to keep slugs off your veg ? begonias seem like catnip to them ?
    I’m planning to, though more to encourage good creatures than repel bad ones

I’ve got daffs and sweet peas, going to add hollyhocks, wildflowers and posh sunflowers (Velvet Queen)

To control slugs I’m destroying their habitat, paving paths and removing rotting wood borders, weeds. We’ll see how it works
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

15. Likes skywatch, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries

That's really pretty.

Well, I guess since guitars are the new watches, I could show my recently acquired *very inexpensive* Chinese-made Weissenborn guitar. It's a fretless acoustic most commonly associated with Hawaiian music, but I'll try it with much less familiar vocabulary.

Name:  WeissenbornFretless.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  33.3 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

17. Likes OhDark30, mlcor, gnuyork, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I’m planning to, though more to encourage good creatures than repel bad ones

I’ve got daffs and sweet peas, going to add hollyhocks, wildflowers and posh sunflowers (Velvet Queen)

To control slugs I’m destroying their habitat, paving paths and removing rotting wood borders, weeds. We’ll see how it works
    yeah beer works salt works if planning to kill ..to prevent copper strips ..stone chippings work or give them an alternative as you say a wild patch as then you can encourage insects in to the plot also if I remember right coffee grinds works to put them off too

once wrote several story's about slugs for my niece when I was looking after her, one time when she was ill and could not go to school came about when she had overheard I had gone out at ten at night with a torch to see what was eating my flowers
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1