Likes Likes:  27,363
Page 695 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697705745795 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 11917

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    The 009 has yet to be worn or have the stickers and tags comes off. Frustrating but I think I am going to exchange it... It has the dreaded Seiko flaws with a misaligned chapter ring, and even more offensive is the date does not sit centered in the aperture.

I have read that Seiko is famous for misaligned chapter rings, and I still think that's ridiculous, but the date window is just too much. If my replacement has the same flaws I will get a different donor date wheel and replace it, as well as align the chapter ring if needed. It's a damn shame that I have to even be thinking about this on a new watch from the factory.

I'd simply send it back and be done with Seiko altogether if it weren't for the fact that I already like the of the watch so much. Nearly perfect diver minus those cosmetic flaws that shoudn't exist.

I'd send it back for sure. People give Seiko a lot of leeway for these flaws, but would skewer other brands if they had the same issues at the same price point. It's frankly unacceptable.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I forgot this arrived yesterday also.

Attachment 100085
    That is an iconic, beautiful watch - love it, congratulations!

4. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    I forgot this arrived yesterday also.

Attachment 100085
    Ooh, I thought seriously about getting that exact one! Definitely looking forward to your impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ooh, I thought seriously about getting that exact one! Definitely looking forward to your impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I remember. I was actually going to get the turquoise one but then decided on the orange. I guess if you own one might as well go for the iconic color.
    Cheers,

Richard

8. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I remember. I was actually going to get the turquoise one but then decided on the orange. I guess if you own one might as well go for the iconic color.
    Was orange actually more visible under water? I forget where the debate got to.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Woah, comments please. How does it wear, and how would you rate the quality? I've been eyeing the Searambler version.

Really nice. Quality is very good. It wears well because of the short lug to lug. I was actually looking into the Aquamarine and Caribbean but just bought this. I'll probably swap out the bracelet for a strap.
    Cheers,

Richard

11. Likes Fantasio liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Was orange actually more visible under water? I forget where the debate got to.
    So they say. Also orange is the iconic color for a Doxa.
    Cheers,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Was orange actually more visible under water?
    I'm afraid not.

Name:  colors_underwater (1).JPG
Views: 114
Size:  31.7 KB

Name:  483514305.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  102.3 KB

Not the only reason, but one of the reasons why green and blue are still the predominant choices for applied lume on a diver's watch.
    Last edited by CFR; Aug 7, 2020 at 08:54 AM.

14. Likes rodia77, geoffbot, gnuyork, JAGtime liked this post
    I thought the blue lume was because of intensity and longevity?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

New suitcase, 98,5 litres and 2,5 kg. Not going anywhere, but I've been considering this for a long time and now found a -40% deal from a local department store.
    I guess they are not selling much travel accessories these days.