Likes Likes:  27,269
Page 912 of 1188 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029109119129139149229621012 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 11875

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    How did they spell it before?

As far as I can tell, Jenny Caribbean spelled it correctly, so I am not sure what Alan means by that.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    As far as I can tell, Jenny Caribbean spelled it correctly, so I am not sure what Alan means by that.
    They did manage to get at least some out the door with a double r.

3. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntaxTerror View Post
    They did manage to get at least some out the door with a double r.
    Syntax [T]error would know...

5. Likes tribe125, SyntaxTerror liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post

Name:  F5FC60BD-8C8B-4885-BFC9-EE193E04B074.jpeg
Views: 150
Size:  109.1 KB

It was 10-15 years ago, when the company was owned by the Jenny family, but was managed on their behalf by Rick Marai. The Doxa forum at WUS was run by Doxa, and members were banned by the dozen. It was such a disaster zone that TZ-UK cheekily opened an Unofficial Doxa Forum so that the fun and games could continue without restriction. An ex-employee/distributor took the opportunity to ‘lift the lid’ on Doxa quality and manufacturing provenance. Rick Marai responded with maximum hostility, and the enthusiast community was hugely entertained for a year. At one point, Doxa claimed that the misspelling was intentional, and made the watches more exclusive.

Customer relations were dreadful, and the company became an object of ridicule. Fortunately, there was a change of management.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    It’s here! More thoughts tomorrow, but initial thoughts is it wears very nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big congrats on the new arrival Sub300! Great model imo! Look forward to hearing more of your impressions.

For those concerned about the overall size of these (maybe due to more familiarity with modern Doxa models), they really went more 'vintage' with these imo with a case that is significantly thinner and lighter than modern Doxa models. Yes, they implemented a very nice top-hat crystal, which also gives a nice vintage cue, but you don't feel it on the wrist. This is a Doxa model that feels significantly different than it's modern brothers and sisters imo.

I've got the Searambler version of this one, and while amazing on the original BOR, I do like rubber strap combos on Doxas and mine has pretty much lived on a tropic style rubber strap (BOR is awesome though too). Some pics to emphasize the overall case slimness.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for that, Chris. The Doxa has to be held in continued abeyance for me, especially since tomorrow I will get to see the Grand Seiko Omiwatari that has arrived at my AD. @uchinanchu has already posted his, which didn't help me at all in terms of resisting.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Thanks for that, Chris. The Doxa has to be held in continued abeyance for me, especially since tomorrow I will get to see the Grand Seiko Omiwatari that has arrived at my AD. @uchinanchu has already posted his, which didn't help me at all in terms of resisting.
    Yay! Will await a slew of photos and commentary !!!

10. Likes stew77, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Thanks ML! I did see that new arrival from uchinanchu, and I don't think you will be able to resist the pull of the GS Omiwatari! An absolutely gorgeous and amazing GS from Seiko......love the case/dial details for sure!

I expect to see new arrival photos from you of your new Seiko acquisition, which will be extremely hard to resist imo!
    Cheers,

Chris

12. Likes mlcor, uchinanchu liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post

Big congrats on the new arrival Sub300! Great model imo! Look forward to hearing more of your impressions.

For those concerned about the overall size of these (maybe due to more familiarity with modern Doxa models), they really went more 'vintage' with these imo with a case that is significantly thinner and lighter than modern Doxa models. Yes, they implemented a very nice top-hat crystal, which also gives a nice vintage cue, but you don't feel it on the wrist. This is a Doxa model that feels significantly different than it's modern brothers and sisters imo.

I've got the Searambler version of this one, and while amazing on the original BOR, I do like rubber strap combos on Doxas and mine has pretty much lived on a tropic style rubber strap (BOR is awesome though too). Some pics to emphasize the overall case slimness.

Totally agree. It wears way more comfortably than I imagined it would. Feels great on the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Mediocre, stew77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Name:  F5FC60BD-8C8B-4885-BFC9-EE193E04B074.jpeg
Views: 150
Size:  109.1 KB

It was 10-15 years ago, when the company was owned by the Jenny family, but was managed on their behalf by Rick Marai. The Doxa forum at WUS was run by Doxa, and members were banned by the dozen. It was such a disaster zone that TZ-UK cheekily opened an Unofficial Doxa Forum so that the fun and games could continue without restriction. An ex-employee/distributor took the opportunity to ‘lift the lid’ on Doxa quality and manufacturing provenance. Rick Marai responded with maximum hostility, and the enthusiast community was hugely entertained for a year. At one point, Doxa claimed that the misspelling was intentional, and made the watches more exclusive.

Customer relations were dreadful, and the company became an object of ridicule. Fortunately, there was a change of management.

16. Likes Mediocre, whatmeworry liked this post