Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of year looking back, what left your collection in 2014?

End of year looking back, what left your collection in 2014?

Looking back on some pieces that are gone or soon will be out the door before the new year arrives. I'm making some room for more pieces I will wear and not hang out in the watch box for weeks on end. I'm looking to get down to what I like to call a core four. Four pieces. One GMT, one diver, one dress and one chronograph. I have a few that are not cutting the cake this year so I let most of these go, a few have potential homes they are going to. Here is a little tribute to the ones I'm saying good bye to, to make room for prospects in 2015. Lets see what your letting go of....

Pam 111G, it was actually end of 2013 I got rid of this one . Just a little too large for my taste. 42mm I realize now, is my limit

The two on the right are sold. Seamaster was a little uncomfortable on the wrist. I am bored of boutique brands for the most part, like Lum Tec. Although a good watch and amazing customer service ...may give the Monsters to two cousins who are putting themselves through college and always admired them. Got my Shogun now they are not seeing much action as much as I love them

Seiko Kinectic, vintage Seiko and Tag...all these gone, except the Swatch Irony. Had is nearly 20 years, has a lot of sentiment.

Some G Shocks. I'll always have at least one in the collection but saying good bye to a few of them. Giving them away to a few friends.

Got quite a few garage sale vintage pieces. Gave them away to some friends as well. Nothing relatively expensive. That was the fun for me about garage sales.

The FC was a great piece but I couldn't bond with it. Its a little sad but it wasn't meant to be. Traded it in at a local jewelry store for a gift for the wife...

Man, I got a bunch of 10 dollar NYC street corner digitals. I use to get a kick out of buying these things. Cheap watch thrills for the price of a couple pints. Given away to friends' children. Start the addiction off young!

Brietling went to my father in law. He did so much for our wedding it was my thank you gift. He would never accept me buying him a new one but he enjoyed the sentiment of me giving him the one I wore.

These guys may not see 2015. I have two potential buyers for each one. Like the FC, I really like these but just have not bonded. I prefer a little more sporty and a little less dressy.

Got lots of room for watches in 2015, lets see what it brings!

2. Likes Der Amf, JAGtime liked this post
    Here are some that left.
    PB010152 by vinylgreek, on Flickr
    P2170001 by vinylgreek, on Flickr
    PB020126 by vinylgreek, on Flickr

PB050137 by vinylgreek, on Flickr

PA030106 by vinylgreek, on Flickr
    PB160239 by vinylgreek, on Flickr

P3090064 by vinylgreek, on Flickr
    PB020223 by vinylgreek, on Flickr

PA190244 by vinylgreek, on Flickr

Time flows like a river, eh.

4. Likes -JP, JAGtime, iyonk, DM71 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Orient Mako
    Orient Star Classic
    Steinhart OVM Vintage
    Bulova Marine Star
    Technomarine

Haven't sold any..a Tissot (Le Locle Chrono), a Seiko (Red Monster), a couple of Omegas and a bagful of G-Shocks!

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    The FC was a great piece but I couldn't bond with it. Its a little sad but it wasn't meant to be. Traded it in at a local jewelry store for a gift for the wife...
    Noooooooooooooooo !!!!, I love that watch, I've never seen a black version though !

I would have happily found a home for it

None left me , but three so far have joined me (all late in the year)

8. Likes -JP, garydusa liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

None left me , but three so far have joined me (all late in the year)
    Its so funny how your watch buying suddenly awoke from your slumber, like it knew there would be a forum you could bear to belong to about to spring into existence, and that you would be needing some new candy for all our eyes.

Ah it's so heartwarming, it's like Christmas is just around the OHMYGOD!!

10. Likes -JP liked this post
    These all left my keep, a majority of them to great watch addicts that I've gotten to know via forums such as WUS, and the beat goes on . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images      

12. Likes JAGtime, -JP liked this post
    And these too . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

14. Likes Imitation of Life, JAGtime, iyonk, -JP liked this post
    Disappointed that you sold that beautiful Patek!

16. Likes uchinanchu, JAGtime, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    Disappointed that you sold that beautiful Patek!
    Thx IOL, appreciate the sentiment. Such a crazy (being kind) passion I have. But I do enjoy all that visits me, as short a time as that might be . . .

18. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post