Likes Likes:  130
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What's the draw of Omega Speedmaster?

Well, it's an interesting thread with a stunning range of remarkably diverse opinions, so whatever the intent it's a nice thread to have. What would be cool is if the OP were to chime in and see if he has found any of it anything other than post hoc rationalisation by mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    9 pages...

So, OP, are you convinced? ... Or maybe you were just trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ... What would be cool is if the OP were to chime in and see if he has found any of it anything other than post hoc rationalisation by mugs.

OP here. Yes, under another moniker, as I have two of everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING.

The thread became immediately dull dull dull as soon as I'd finished posting my first.
    So all of you: go away.
    Last edited by Chronopolitano; Dec 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    the Speedmaster is an engineer's watch that happened to go to space. For counting events (such as a production line), it works fine and back in the 50's when it was designed was a handy function.
    It's a motor sport watch, isn't it? I've always thought so...

4. Likes ken_sturrock liked this post
    Personally, I find the story around the watch more interesting than the watch itself but I can see how others could see it differently.
    I recall reading one of the astronaut's thoughts about it in hindsight and I had to agree, that it was ridiculous (in the literal sense, not the modern insulting sense) that so much money was spent on everything else and the question of a watch (or whatever sort of back-up device) was just picked off the shelf.

cuz chicks dig it!! lol, no, but seriously, out of all my watches it's the one that women have complimented on & told me that they really like.

It's simplicity & legibility are awesome. It's got this simple elegance that can't really be described.

It's versatility makes it one of my favorite in my collection. Looks good on any strap.

And then there's this.....

7. Likes ken_sturrock, ljb187, MHe225 liked this post