Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Frog LCD issue

bighead

Frog LCD issue

The lcd second counter doesn't keep pace and there are shadows where the digits are not supposed to be lit. Any ideas? Battery is strong. Light works. All beeps. Thanks.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  56.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

might be something not fit quite right on the pcb to lcd connection contact?

also are there any chance that watch was put in strong sun light exposure for to long?

i've seen some burn out lcd that look a bit like that.. but usually on solar model..

A new polarizing filter might fix this.

bighead
    Thanks, guys. Just ordered some film. I'll replace that. Twisting the old one over the face seemed to clear things up. Looks like I'll have a negative frog. Thanks again!!

Mike

6. Likes BlackNomad, iyonk liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bighead
    Well, the LCD glass is burned. Even took off the foil on the back. Something in the layers that's messed up. Even the new film couldn't solve the problem. Too blotchy and not crisp. Will the lcd from a 6300 fit? Took apart other lcds to see if I could use the glass or whatever, but no good. Glass was too big. Frog lcd is on the small side. .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think the best way out is order the exact same part from pacpart... that frogman deserve to be fixed.

10. Likes Greg liked this post