Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tempest Carbon

OK. First of all, wow cool! Great looking watch!

I really like everything inside the dial, including the hands.

But, it needs a diver's bezel.

The watch design. meh, but I dig the material !
    I hope to see more of it soon in a variety of designs.

Can this carbon also be made into a functioning bezel? Or, Does it have some thickness restrictions?

I agree the design is so-so and needs a bezel. I also wish the interior movement casing was titanium for lightness instead of stainless. I wonder what the watch head weight is as it's not listed? Still I like to see Tempest using the carbon material and forging it

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    Can this carbon also be made into a functioning bezel? Or, Does it have some thickness restrictions?
    Not sure, but it has to have a steel core so it might be a little on the thick side even if they can do it. AP uses a mix of ceramic and FC on some of their watches to good visual effect. I think a ceramic bezel on a DLC steel mechanism would look really good on a FC case, I actually think this watch would look bezel if the smooth bezel on it was black ceramic, but I may be just used to the look of the AP ROO FC diver.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

5. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    I don't know if my AP has a steel or Ti core but the caseback is Ti. It also has screwed lugs BUT they are a double screw type which you really need a screwdriver head holder to do it easily and has proprietary lugs so strap options are limited but there are a lot of custom ones available.
    Does the AP carbon diver has the metal core case extends to the lug holes, like that in Tempest does? That means if the lugs screws are secured on metal core case? Or the forged carbon?

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    Does the AP carbon diver has the metal core case extends to the lug holes, like that in Tempest does? That means if the lugs screws are secured on metal core case? Or the forged carbon?
    Sorry I missed this. The AP doesn't use spring bars, it has screws. I honestly don't know if the core extends into the lugs and I have never had the strap off to tell, and not sure you could tell even with it off.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978