Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of Arnold & Son?

What do you guys think of Arnold & Son?

This this recent article http://www.ablogtowatch.com/arnold-s...BLOGTOWATCH%29

got me thinking about Arnold & Son again. I've had a chance to try on some of their stuff and meet with some of their people and I've always been very impressed. They don't seem to get much mention on the boards and I wanted to see what everybody thought of them.

Here's a pic of one of my favorite designs by them. They also have a stable of very complicated watches.

2. Likes pantagruel liked this post
    That 250 year anniversary model is something !! .... and a 250 anniversary , that's something to brag about !!!

Name:  Arnold-Son-DTE-Double-Tourbillon-5.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  71.9 KB

Simply gorgeous

Name:  Arnold-Son-DTE-Double-Tourbillon-15.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  49.4 KB

and beautiful !

Do want

4. Likes pantagruel liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    and a 250 anniversary , that's something to brag about !!!
    Sixteenth anniversary, by my reckoning.

6. Likes Zenitowa liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Sixteenth anniversary, by my reckoning.
    Aha , are you suggesting a slight break in production somewhere along the lines?

The HMS1 is a fantastic looking piece. Very drool-worthy.

Last edited by pantagruel; Dec 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Aha , are you suggesting a slight break in production somewhere along the lines?
    Yes, the break happened in 1843 when John Arnold's son died. Arnold & Son then became Arnold & Frodsham, which ran until 1858.

The modern company was created in 1998 and has no connection with John Arnold, his son, or Arnold & Frodsham. 'Since 1764' on the dial is very naughty indeed.

11. Likes Seriously liked this post

Thanks for the insight , still a gorgeous object though

Oh yes, nothing wrong with the watches!

Apart from the text...

14. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Love the perpetual moon. Great watches in my opinion, well priced, for the quality.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

16. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    This this recent article http://www.ablogtowatch.com/arnold-s...BLOGTOWATCH%29

got me thinking about Arnold & Son again. I've had a chance to try on some of their stuff and meet with some of their people and I've always been very impressed. They don't seem to get much mention on the boards and I wanted to see what everybody thought of them.

Here's a pic of one of my favorite designs by them. They also have a stable of very complicated watches.

Somewhere I've a photo of the dark dialled version this: makes the moon look even more *searches for word* you know, I think this is actually an appropriate moment saying "awesome"! It looms out of the darkness. The accuracy of their moon phase mechanism is something absurd, I forget what exactly.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-05-13-56-59_1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  114.9 KB

When I saw a bunch of them in the flesh a relatively plain design with the most delicious, enticing grey dial really struck me. Think it had small seconds. Yeah. The stock photo gives zero sense of how involving it was!

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-05-13-56-10_1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  75.2 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; Dec 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM.