Likes Likes:  9

Thread: First day of Spring dive

First day of Spring dive

The California coast has been taking a beating the past few months but we can still find a lull once in a while
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  28.7 KB
Views: 88
Size:  24.6 KB
Views: 85
Size:  56.9 KB
Size:  75.2 KB
Views: 86
Size:  82.0 KB
Views: 84
Size:  81.6 KB
Size:  64.2 KB
Views: 88
Size:  26.8 KB

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Nice one, Lex! Looks a bit chilly, though...

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Nice one, Lex! Looks a bit chilly, though...
    Thanks Gabe, actually it was a bit warmer than it has been, 59°

Fantastic photos!

I know I've asked you this before - but whereabouts do you dive? I'm taking a trip down south in June - and bringing my regs with me. Planning on being between Santa Barbara and LA. So I'm thinking about diving the Catalina Islands. Kinda looking for a day dive or two - are recommendations for that area for mainland beach dives?

Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Fantastic photos!

I know I've asked you this before - but whereabouts do you dive? I'm taking a trip down south in June - and bringing my regs with me. Planning on being between Santa Barbara and LA. So I'm thinking about diving the Catalina Islands. Kinda looking for a day dive or two - are recommendations for that area for mainland beach dives?
    I don't hit the SoCal beaches much anymore, most of my diving is in the Monterey area. There is some good shore diving around Laguna beach on down to LaJolla, for the islands in Santa Barbara truth aquatics runs three excellent live a boards with two and three day runs several times per month. We have made several trips out of Ventura, the specter has a hot tub which is great for the wet suit divers, peace runs from there and one other whose name escapes me. San Pedro has some great Catilina trips on several boats, Pacific Star, bottom scratcher, great escape and more, just check with the local SoCal shops for day trips. If you want to try Monterey let me know.

6. Likes thewalrus liked this post
    Great shots !

Thanks for posting.

The last dive the water temperature was 4°Celsius.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

8. Likes thewalrus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post
    I don't hit the SoCal beaches much anymore, most of my diving is in the Monterey area. There is some good shore diving around Laguna beach on down to LaJolla, for the islands in Santa Barbara truth aquatics runs three excellent live a boards with two and three day runs several times per month. We have made several trips out of Ventura, the specter has a hot tub which is great for the wet suit divers, peace runs from there and one other whose name escapes me. San Pedro has some great Catilina trips on several boats, Pacific Star, bottom scratcher, great escape and more, just check with the local SoCal shops for day trips. If you want to try Monterey let me know.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if we'll get as far north as Monterey this year... I'd like to though, heard nothing but fantastic things about the diving. And if we do, I'll let you know, for sure. I've browsed around a few of the sites - and I think right now, diving the Channel Islands - Anacapa in particular, might be the ticket. Looks like there are a few one day boat dives I could hit up. I'll definitely be bringing my camera and my Doxa!

10. Likes Lexvil liked this post
    Awesome pictures. Glad you were able to find the calm between the storms.......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Pretty fantastic photos. Funny as I collect dive watches, but sure as the sky is blue, I will never go diving.